Latest upgrade to X seems to break pages

Hi there

I have just upgraded a clients website. You can edit in cornerstone and save etc but when you exit to dashboard it takes you to a wordpress page will all the code on labeled classic edit ! and trying to exit just takes you round in circles.

EDIT.

Second website doing same thing this time with Pro. Was fine until pro update and Wordpress update to latest version. Seems that when you select return to dashboard you are presented with the wordpress editing version of the page and you cant get out of that unless you select the W in top left corner and return to pages.

Is this supposed to happen?

Could you please advise urgently.

Thank you.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Unfortunately, I could not access your website for some reason. Would you please kindly double-check? And also, make sure that there is no Firewall on your hosting service as it might have country IP restrictions and we are from various parts of the world.

In the mean time, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/product-updates for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Deactivate your child theme if using and switch to parent theme.

5. increase your allocated memory by adding this code in your wp-config.php (see Troubleshooting - Increasing PHP Memory Limit)

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

here are new details

I think I am having a similar problem. I just went on to edit a page this morning and I can’t get onto the edit with pro. It only says edit with WordPress. I am not technically minded, can you help with this as well

I think I’m having the same problem. This is what I see when I go into the Edit page view:

I am able to Edit the page with Pro, and it seems to work. My only “problem” is that I do not usually see all the cornerstone code in the Edit page window.

Please advise.

UPDATE: I installed the Disable Gutenberg plugin, and it solved my problem

1 Like

Its just another plugin to install though. Maybe Themeco can figure out how to get round this without having to do that because that is going to affect everyone. Thanks for your input though.

Kind regards

Hey guys,

I could only replicate this with the recently released WordPress 4.0. I believe you guys update to WordPress 4.0 which is a major update. It’s not yet officially compatible with our theme so we can’t provide support for it yet. See https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

Anyway, thanks for reporting. I just tested WP 4.0 and the builder button is just below the shortcodes so you don’t need to disable the Block Editor (Gutenberg). I’ll add this case to our issue tracker.

Hope that helps.

Hi Cristian

Thanks for your reply.

However it is not just the fact that the builder button is just below the shortcodes. When you have finished editing the page and you select go to dashboard you get taken back to the page you have shown above and not to the admin area. To do that you have to click on the W in the top right hand corner once you get to the above page.

I hear what you say about compatibility but a lot of websites are on auto update for wordpress. I would have thought that Themeco would get pre release beta copies that they can test prior to it being released to the general public (that is the norm with software such as this) particularly as it is the base for the theme.

It is disappointing that they are behind this release and hopefully they will issue an update to X and Pro very quickly.

Kind regards

Hi Eileen,

Wordpress beta versions are released for testing and for finding bugs, and they can be considered unstable. It’s not a good practice to make a theme or plugin dependent on a beta version that still contains issues, and which can still change to its final release. If we do that, any change we add will fail if something is changed upon its final/stable release. Unless Wordpress announce a major change in which requires immediate implementation, at least on that one we know what’s going to change. This also happens more often not just on our theme, that’s started when Wordpress released and permanently enable the Gutenberg editor.

We can only add the permanent fix to issues present to the final release of Wordpress core, and not for the beta. Rest assured that we’re into it and we’ll investigate the cause of this issue.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad

Kind regards

You’re welcome, Eileen.

Hi Rad,

thank you very much for the information, I seem to have the same problem.
Do you have any information on when WP 5.4 will become an official update or when (approx.) you will be able to update X accordingly?

Kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

We do not have an ETA yet. It shall be available anytime soon.
Please watch out for it. And kindly do not forget to checkout changelog here: https://theme.co/changelog/ once the update is released.

Please bear with us. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.