Language switcher on multisite installtion PRO

Hi,

Does anyone have a good experiance or best case for a way to switch between languages on a WP Multisite installation? Use a plugin perhaps?

Thanks!

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you are looking for a languages switcher on your website, I suggest that you use WPML. WPML is a 3rd party plugin that we supported.

You can also check the plugins we supported here:

Hope that helps.

Hello Jan,

By withdrawing the post, I believe you already have resolved the issue. If the issue still existed, you can let us know.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don’t mean a complete plugin to switch between languages. I use WP Multisite the display a site in Dutch and in English, but I want to switch between the two website. So only a way to switch, like this switcher on this example (picture).

Thanks!Schermafbeelding 2021-09-27 om 20.36.32

Hi Jan,

In that case, you can use the simple button element. In the Dutch site that button will link to English site, and vice versa. You can then style the button element as you like, you can even style it the same as that circled flag.

You can place that kind of button on the header or footer as it usually placed.

Cheers,

Hi,

But which link should I use? I want to make sure that when I am on a specific post, I can switch to the same post, but than in English om the other site within my multisite installation. Should i use a plugin like this?

https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-language-switcher/ ?

HI Jan,

For what I have understood, your dutch and english are two different website. In order to solve your issue, you need to follow what my colleague suggested.

In your header or footer area, just add a button that will redirect you to another website. Lets say for example, in your dutch website, you will add a button in the header or footer part then link it to your english website and vice versa.

On the other hand, if you are just working on a single website then want to use multi language, we recommend using WPML because it is compatible with our theme.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I figured it out. I tried the plugin Multisite Language Switcher which does exactly what I want :slight_smile:

Jan

Hi Jan,

Glad that you are able to figure it out.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.