We’ve migrated our website to a new server. We discovered the theme was not licensed. We just purchased a license for X and when we enter the purchase code and hit return, then we just get a blank screen.
Our website is here.
What is our next step?
Thank you for your assistance.
Thanks for writing in!
I see that you are using X Theme 5.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.5.4, both are not compatible with each other and usually give issues. Please update X Theme to most recent version 6.5.5 and then try to validate.
You can refer following resources to update X Theme:
After updating I would also suggest you to take a look at validation guide:
Since I am unable to license the theme using the purchase code, do I need to manually update it?
Thanks for updating the thread.
Yes, as the current theme version that’s there on the website is fairly old, you will have to update the theme manually. In the theme update guide we have listed the steps that you can follow to manually update. However, I am listing those steps here too:
- Unzip x.zip on your computer.
- Rename the x folder to x-updating.
- Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Drag and drop the x-updating folder into your themes directory.
- Upon completion, rename the previous x folder to x-previous.
- Rename x-updating to x. Your site will now be at the latest version.
- Delete the x-previous folder.
- Visit the WordPress dashboard at least once to ensure any migration logic can run (this happens behind the scenes).
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.