Issues importing .woff files in font manager (.woff2 is working fine)

Hi there,
I have some issues with importing custom font files in the font manager. I uploaded successfully the .woff2 files. Unfortunately its not working with the .woff files.

I tried different codes in the child theme to enable the files to upload an show them in the media browser. Even with the “Add From Server” Plugin the files show up in the media browser but not in the Popup media browser in the font manager to choose the files for import.

I already tried the given ideas/solutions in other topics, but none of them worked for me.

Do you have any ideas what I can try?

Thank you very much in advance,
Jan

Hello Jan,

Thanks for writing in!

The .woff and .woff2 files can be added in the font manager if your server allows the mime type to be upload. Here is an example I have successfully uploaded in my local test server where the mime types were allowed:

• jax1S_YnSxaNniaUVmvkig

• ypegq5hoSsaaJdDfw4iGRQ

You must follow the steps from this thread to be able to display the .woff files in the media library.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

Best Regards.

1 Like

Hi Ruenel,
thank you very much for the information. The Wordpress media library shows the fonts both in .woff2 and .woff - unfortunately the popup media library “Upload fonts” does not show the .woff files neither allowing to upload them. I tried directly, over the Wordpress media library and direct upload in the popup at the custom fonts section. See screenshots attached.

Hi @janweber,

Thank you for the credentials. I can confirm the issue. Although, two of us from support tested the same woff font you have and on both of us, the font is showing correctly.

Please try adding define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true); on wp-config.php file from the root cause of you wordpress install before the WP_DEBUG line.

Try again after that and let us know how this goes.

1 Like

Hey Lely,

thank you very much. I added the code to the wp-config.php file, but it didn’t work. I tried it with a local installation on my local Webserver and there it works like a charm - even without any changes to the wp-conig or the child theme.

Back on the server - the strange thing is, that I can see the .woff files in the Wordpress Media Library, but they are not available in the popup dialog for adding them to the font manager.

Thank you!

Hi @janweber,

Can you confirm that your local server is using Wordpress 5.3?

Based on the initial investigation, this seems to be a possible conflict with Wordpress 5.4.1. We can definitely duplicate the issue once we update wordpress core to the latest version. We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has cause you, this was added on our issue tracker for further detailed investigation. Unfortuantely, we can’t promise an exact ETA for a fixed. Thank you for undetstanding.

1 Like

Hi lely,

thanks again for your support. Yes, I can confirm that the issue is related to Wordpress 5.4.1. My local server is running 5.3.3. so it has to be a problem with the Wordpress core.

Hi @janweber,

Yes, it seems core related. I inspected the mime-type request and it’s incorrect, it’s applications/font/woff instead of font/woff or application/x-font-woff. I recommend downgrading your Wordpress for now if you’re going to use custom fonts.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.