Issue with translated menu

Hi there

There is an issue in the translated version of the menu. It shows the menu point in all languages at once and I have no idea why. This issue seems to be recent

Hey @bakrona,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please make sure that everything is up to date? It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

hi, thank you for looking into it. everything should be up to date

Hello @bakrona,

Your WPML is not up to date. You are using 4.2.4.1 version and the latest supported is 4.3.18

Kindly update all necessary themes and plugins as well. Thanks.

hi there, this made things worse. now the translations are gone

Fatal error : Call to a member function using_permalinks() on null in /home/bakronat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/html-in-url/index.php on line 25

Hey @bakrona,

That error is not coming from WPML nor our theme. It’s coming from a 3rd party plugin. Please remove the plugin html-in-url from your site by logging in to your server and delete the said folder in there. Your host might be able to help you with this.

Please do it first before we proceed with investigating the menu.

Thanks.

Hi there, i deactivated the plugin. i can see the translations again but

1. in the translated versions there is a problem with the menu as it shows all languages now
  2. since the .html ending is missing now, all the links i have are not valid anymore
  3. i fear that it will have bad influence on traffic as all the .html links are broken and i suppose it will also affect google rankings

Hey @bakrona,

I’m sorry to hear that but that is not an issue with WPML nor our theme. Please consult with the HTML plugin developer or a 3rd party developer to fix the issue.

Regarding the menu, your Primary Menu doesn’t have any translation that’s why the English and French page shows whats available menu for those languages but not the actual translation. This is the only thing that is related to our theme. The menu translation should be done on WPML’s side. You can learn from here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

That said, you should translate the Primary Menu. To show you that what I said is correct, I translated the German Primary Menu to French. Please edit it and add the English Translation.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.