Issue with licensing and GoDaddy hosted Wordpress

I just moved my site over to GoDaddy’s Hosted Wordpress to make moving content between a staging site and production site easier because I am having issues with the new version of Cornerstone. The staging site has a domain that is different from the production site (it is not a subdomain). I have entered the domain for the staging site into the staging site field on my license screen and then I enter my license code into Cornerstone on my staging site, but I am getting a " Uh oh , we couldn’t check if this license was valid. " error and I see nothing when I click on details.

What’s the best way to troubleshoot this?

Edit: I just noticed that I am getting the same error on my primary domain as well.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing the admin credentials of your staging and primary website so that we can check it properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello Dan,

I checked your staging site it seems that it is already validated, It might be browser cache at your end, I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again.

Thanks

Interesting. GoDaddy removed some additional caching this AM. Apparently their managed Wordpress has caching and so does their security plan - so I had double caching. It appears that was causing some other issues as well. Perhaps this was related. They want to turn something back on related to a firewall, so let’s see if that creates any issues before we close this out.

Hello Dan,

You can zip the Word document and send it to us or you can just copy or paste the contents of the document in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I privately send it to you? I don’t see a way to attach anything. (The Word doc has images, so I think it makes more sense to send you the Word doc in a zip file.

Dan

Hello Dan,

You need to use any sharing app like Google drive, where you need to upload it publicly and share the link in a secure note with us.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello Dan,

I have checked your site and it appears that your custom CSS below no longer works because of the CSS Specificity.

.top-ftr .pagefooter {
    display: none;
}

The custom CSS can not override the default Cornerstone styling now that the styles were polished and updated. To get this resolved, you can use !important to force your custom CSS to be applied to the page and override the default styling. You may update your code in this:

.top-ftr .pagefooter {
    display: none !important;
}

Or you update it to something like:

#cs-content .pagefooter {
    display: none;
}

Be advised that since you have added a custom CSS, you will have to make sure that your custom CSS will always work when there is a plugin update.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.