Issue with break points view

Hi,

On this website I’m working on I get a Header or a Page fullscreen, as it should (see image 1).

When I want to view what it looks like on the laptop break point it gets really small (see image 2)

and when I then return to desktop break point it’s not fullscreen anymore (see image 3). I don’t like that. Is it at all possible to always have the desktop break point displaying fullscreen?

Side note: why does the laptop break point say 979px? How can I change that since most laptops nowadays have a larger screen than that.

Hello @yingfuli,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Is it at all possible to always have the desktop break point displaying fullscreen? You will need to unclick the Large Screen icon. It must not be selected. It should look like this:

Large Screen icon is selected:

Normal view, large screen icon is unselected:

2.) The laptop view is from 980px up to 1200px. 979px and below is for tablet screens.

Best Regards.

Ah, didn’t know about that nifty setting. Thank you!

Hello @yingfuli,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

Hi,

Still having that issue regarding the laptop breakpoint being 1200px: as you can see in attached image the Header Builder shows the laptop breakpoint as 979px instead of 1200px so I can’t accurately edit the header (like for example the inline menu).

Hey @yingfuli,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so we can check your custom header and each element settings instead. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @yingfuli,

Thanks for sharing your credentials!

I suspect your problem is that the menus are not showing all the pages in the laptop view. The reason why it is not showing is that you have so many menus and it can’t fit within the width of the laptop view. There are ways to fix the issue.

First approach:

• shorten the page title or make other menus as submenus

Second approach:

• Make the font size smaller in the laptop view

Hope that helps.

It still doesn’t show the laptop view beyond 979 px as you can see on the ruler at the bottom. I know how to edit the inline navigation but I can’t see the laptop view to check if it is alright.

Hey @yingfuli,

I’m not 100% sure I understand what you need so I’ll cover 2 scenarios.

1. If you want to change the Laptop breakpoint, that is not possible.
  2. If you want to view the full range of the Laptop view/breakpoint from 979px to 1200px, click and drag the edge of the preview area like the screen recording below.

2022-06-27_23h06_30

If none of that is what you need, please provide more context. And, I’d recommend you learn how to set Responsiving Styles in our video tutorial below.

Thanks.

Thank you: didn’t know it was that simple to drag the preview area! It might be an idea though to have this view by default…

Hey @yingfuli,

You’re welcome and we’re glad that my colleague was able to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.