Is There a Way to Add Previous/Next Pagination Featured Image?

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a way to add the featured image of the “next post” or “previous post” as the background of the Post Navigation element?

Here is a screenshot of the Post Navigation - https://prnt.sc/1qg7ydc

Best regards,

• J

Also, I forgot to mention that instead of “Next Post” and “Previous Post”, is there a way to input the title of the next/previous post instead?

So it would be the title of the articles and the featured image of the articles as well.

Hey J,

With the Post Navigation element, it’s not possible. But, you can use 2 Button elements instead to act as Prev and Next links.

Use Dynamic Content in the Buttons to set the Prev and Next Post Featured Image, Title, and URL or Permalink.

When setting up the DC, click on the Gear or COG icon then choose Next Post or Previous Post accordingly.

In summary, the Post Navigation element is a quick but simple way to add post navigation. If you need further info to display for the prev and next post, you need the Button or other elements.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you for that! I cannot believe I didn’t think about that.

Hi Joshua,

Would you mind sharing pointing us where to find your prev and next div on the page you’ve share with us? providing screenshot is a great help because I cannot find it. It would also be best if you could share with us your credential so that we can check your setup properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Absolutely.

Thank you for your help! Let me know if you need anything else.

Hello Joshua,

At the moment, the post title or the headline element is already a link. You must disable the link option in the headline element first before you make the entire div as a link. Kindly do the following steps:
1.) Click both the “The Title” elements, in the first and second columns, and disable the Link option:

2.) Click the DIV element and change the HTML tag from div into <a>:

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.43.52 AM

3.) After changing the HTML tag, the Link option will now appear and then this is where you can add a link to the next or previous post which will then create the entire DIV as a link.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.44.25 AM

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you for the help, you are much appreciated.

You are most welcome, Joshua!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.