Is automatic dark mode possible with X-theme?

Many modern operating systems such as MacOS and Windows includes a dark mode, a mode that is easier on the eye, especially at night.

Several websites (YouTube, Google, Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, Discord etc) adapts to this, selecting either a light mode or a dark mode appearance of the webpage, according to the setting in the operating system.

Is this automatic dark/light- mode switching possible with X-theme?

1 Like

Hey Asbjørn,

Regretfully the automatic dark mode is currently not possible with the theme. This is something that we can add in the future releases of the theme.

Best Regards.

OK, I see. This is a pretty standard and important functionality in modern webpages, and bright pages is painful for the eyes when you use a dark theme at night. I hope you will implement it.

Is there a place where I can post this as a feature request?
Is this lacking feature the same in the Pro Theme and as in the X Theme?

Hey Asbjørn,

You are in the right place to post a feature request. You need to post it in the forum and we will create a ticket on your behalf.

Hope that helps.

Is this lacking feature the same in the Pro Theme and as in the X Theme?

Hey Asbjørn,

Indeed, this feature is not available in Pro or X, as they share the same codebase, differing only in their advanced functionalities. For a detailed comparison between Pro and X, you may refer to this resource.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for the fast and informative reply, I will post this as a feature request.

Best Regards.

Hey Asbjørn,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.