Internal links not working on first click

I’m having a weird issue where my site isn’t actually clicking through to the internal link that is clicked.

It stays on the original page until I go to the URL bar and hit return again.

It then makes the sidebar disappear and won’t return to the homepage

Here’s a [video] walkthrough with voiceover

Summary

This text will be hidden https://www.loom.com/share/eb62ab8aca1e4aba969e46affafdc4a4)

Any ideas why it would be doing this?

It only happens on posts that do not open to new tab which is most internal links on the site

Thank you,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems a few custom JavaScript code which does not let the page reload while clicking into the links. I have checked it by refreshing the window and found it loaded perfectly. I would suggest you remove the code and check if that works. If that is not the case, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
Please remember that we don’t offer any investigation or support issues related to the custom codes.

Thanks

Thank you, is there a way of seeing what the custom JavaScript causing the issue is?

Or what I’m looking for?

My tech is away just now so I can’t ask them.

I deactivated Breeze by Cloudways on Friday as it messed up the site images and I think that was the only place to disable cache?

Sorry for the novice questions.

Everything is up to date in relation to WordPress and X.

Hi @twoscotsabroad,

I suspect this could be a plugin conflict or custom code conflict. I suggest that you double check again the troubleshooting mentioned by my colleague above. I also suggest that you re-install your X theme because it might be corrupted. If the issue still persists after all the steps, please copy your live website in a staging area so that we can further investigate the issue and give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I’ve found the culprit plugin - statically.io but now it is deactivated some of the homepage images are not centred.

This was an issue I asked about before so I’m wondering what’s causing this as my tech may have added statically.io plugin in to rectify it?

It’s strange because the first two rows of two centred images are behaving but the ones from “things to do at home” aren’t?

Thanks!

• I also can’t get into Cornerstone to see the build of the homepage. It’s just doing the loading circle

Hi @twoscotsabroad,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check why the cornerstone is not loading on your end? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @twoscotsabroad,

Thank you for the credentials but it’s not working, please check.

Regarding the centering of Image, please inspect the Section Containing the image, since everything inside that section needs to be center including the headline, you can set the section’s text-align option to center.

Cheers,

Many thanks! I went in and centred everything and that work.

Thank you for all of your help.

My tech changed a setting in Perf Matters which allowed me into Cornerstone.

Hi Gemma,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.