Installing Cornerstone crashes my site

I have repeatedly tried to install Cornerstone in my X theme, but when I do it crashes the site and I have to go into my hosting account and delete the plugin. This is a new WordPress installation hosted on iPower. Other themes and plugins work just fine. I’ve built a dozen sites with X and want to use it for this client as well. I just can’t get passed Cornerstone crashing shortly after install. As soon as I try to use it I get “There has been a critical error on this website.”

Hello @Somewhereinthewoods,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of the PHP memory limit, I would recommend you ask your web host to configure the following server settings with the specified values or more for the PHP.

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
max_allowed_packet = 16MB
innodb_log_file_size = 128M
allow_url_fopen = On

Or you can check this doc to learn more about how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP login details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

That was very helpful. Thank you. I relayed that information to support at iPower hosting and they set the following settings to the max they offer. I’ve been able to install and open Cornerstone.

“I checked you can go with the below PHP parameter for the theme, as we only support the below parameters:
memory_limit upto 512M can be updated.
Max_input_vars = max is 3000 .
Upload_max_filesize = 50M is max
max_file_uploads = 20
Max_execution_time = 120 sec
max_input_time = 120 sec max
post_max_size =50M is max”

You are most welcome @Somewhereinthewoods

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.