Installing an expanded demo

Hi,

I’ve just purchased the x theme and wanted to install the bed ans breakfast demo (this is an expanded demo I understand that it comes with all pictures and set-up like in the live demo - Is that true ?).
I’ve activated the slider revolution extension, but still get an “empty” site.
I’ve probably forgot something somewhere.

Many thanks in advance for your precious help.

One more thing, I’m a Wordpress rookie…

Hi there,

That is correct. You will get all the pages including the pictures as you import an expanded demo.

Do you get an error when you are trying to import the demo? Kndly oontact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks for your quick answer.

I’ve no error message when I import the demo (it ends with “have fun !” message).
I’ve added anyway the code in my wp-config.php.

Before installing the x theme I have configured another template and created some pages. I’ve used the extension “Polylang” in order to have a multilingual site, do you think that this could create problems ?

Thanks

Hi There,

You can disable 3rd party plugins such as Polylang and try re-generating your demo content and see if that helps. You can keep other mandatory plugins like Slider Revolution activated.

Also open your browser console log and see if you’re getting any particular error messages. If you’re on Firefox you can open it via Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console. If you’re on Chrome, View -> Developer -> JavaScript Console.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve just started to install the site so I will restart from scratch.
Fresh WP install and just after install the X theme.
I’ll keep you informed.

Thanks to you

It works fine !
So this introduce a new question, is X theme multilingual ready ?
And if yes (hope so !) which extension to choose ?

A great thank to you

Hi There,

We do recommend WPML plugin which is currently compatible with X/Pro. We have seen minor users having incompatibility issues with Polylang plugin. Basically some users reported that Cornerstone not loading properly with Polylang. We’ve already submitted this bug to our issue tracker, however we cannot provide any ETA for the fix.

In the meantime, you can also check our translation guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61).

Thanks!

Hi There,

I’ve tried Polylang anyway (Not to much money il my pocket !), menus translation works fine, for the pages I create a Cornerstone template then create the page for the other language and then apply the template. It seems to works fine.
But it’s just a test…
Many thanks for your help

Hi there,

The Polylang indeed is not supported by us and you will find many inconsistencies and problems when it comes to the translation. Our development team has this as a feature request but at the moment WPML is the way to go.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.