Install Regular Theme X...editing in Cornerstone not showing up

Hi there, I am shifting pages from my old website that has Theme X installed into a new website where I purchased another Theme X license.

Old files were on softskillsfordesigners.com
My new website is serviceplusdesign.com

However, after buying a new Theme X license on serviceplusdesign.com and transferring the pages and media files – I am not able to see anything on my home page (it is pointing to the right page in Wordpress Reading section).

When I go to edit the page in Cornerstone, it gives me the option to Start from Scratch, Launch Template, or Clone. See screenshot below. Which is weird since my content should load for editing.

What could be happening? I thought my pages would be up and running.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @mksubherw,

Thanks for reaching out!

On your old website, I believe that the front page was set as an index which is the blog page. Please keep in mind that you cannot edit the content of the blog using the page builder unless it is using the Layout Builder. That being said, if you set a page in the reading for your homepage on your new website, then it shouldn’t have any content to start with.

Note: The new website is password protected, I can’t see any content.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a,
thanks for the reply! No issue with the old site - I had changed that to point to the blog.

The issue is, I transferred a page from the old site and set it as my homepage (this page to be exact, from the old site). The corresponding page should be: https://serviceplusdesign.com/service-designer-portfolio-ms this is the page I have set in the Reading section of wordpress

Password is: testing

That page is empty on the new site. When I go to edit the page with cornerstone (see below), it gives me that 3 option screen: from scratch, use template, clone existing.

Thoughts on what could be the issue? I am sending a secure note for access to the wordpress site if you can take peak. Much much appreciated!

Hey @mksubherw,

I suspect that the files are corrupted. I suggest that you try to migrate again the files from your old to the new website. You may check this article on how you can properly migrate your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @marc_a!! you were right! that did the trick.

One last question…
I did export everything, but while the export was going on I was working on a page on my old site. I’ve tried to copy and paste the Code manually into a New Page on my new site – but it didn’t work. Is there a way to just export one whole page from one Theme X to another?

Thanks!

Hey @mksubherw,

Yes, there is an option to copy the layout of the page to the other website. Please check this thread on how it’s done:

Hope that helps.

That did the trick, thank you!

Hey @mksubherw,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.