In multisite, site admin has not the same privileges of superadmin when editing in cornerstone

Hello,
I am using PRO 6.3.9 and i am facing an issue in a multisite installation where sub-site administrators cannot edit the GLOBAL CSS and GLOBAL JS in cornerstone. They can only edit resource specific CSS and JS.

In theme Settings (/admin.php?page=cornerstone-settings ) page i tried assigning all privileges to the Editor Role, removed the admin from the site and re-added him as an Editor. Same problem remains.

How can we enable the GLOBAL CSS and GLOBAL JS editing for non Super-Admins in multisite with cornerstone?

Thanks

Hello Brigham,

Thanks for writing in! The Editor role does not have access to the Global Settings by default. It is only allowed by the Administrator. Have you enabled it in the Cornerstone Settings already? We would love to check your multisite installation. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel I have given you access to the installation.

Hey Brigham,

“How can we enable the GLOBAL CSS and GLOBAL JS editing for non Super-Admins in multisite with cornerstone?”

• A page must be open in the builder preview before any user can access the Custom Code (CSS/JS)

Hope this helps.

Hi,
It seems you did not understand the question.

We could already see the page css and js. What we need is to access the GLOBAL css and js by non super-admins.

Hey Brigham,

I am not logged in as Super Admin. I used the non-admin credential that you have sent to us.

Thanks.

Hello.
The problem is that super-admins have access to the Global CSS and JS, while normal sub-site admins only see the resource specific CSS and JS.

I hope now you understand the issue.
I have given you super-admin and site admin access so you can see the difference.

I hope this can be resolved ASAP. We work with external developers and giving super-admin access to our network is not ideal.

Hope to hear from you soon on this matter. Thanks.

Hello Brigham,

Can you please update the theme to the latest version Pro 6.4.1 first? We need to check if this issue also happens in the latest version. You can check out the changelog of the latest version here:

Cheers.

Hi, i just updated everything in the installation to the latest version. From what i can see, the problem remains.
Hope you have better luck than me.
Cheers.

Hello Brigham,

I believe that this is a bug. I will be adding this to our issue tracker so that our developers can investigate this issue further. I cannot guarantee when a fix can be released though.

Please bear with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.