Image becomes blurry

Hi,

I can’t find what’s causing it. Cornerstone. Image element (not classic image).

In preview it’s clear (see the screenshot):

On live site it’s some 20% worse.

Screenshot:

I’ve tried uploading 5 MB original PNG file and edited 200 KB JPG. The same result. On preview it’s pretty, on the live site - crappy. Changing file name every time, so it’s the new image I’m seeing, not catched one.

The only setting I’m changing is Box shadow. The rest I haven’t touched.

Hi @kasparsmisins,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your issue, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • URL of the page your having an issue

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks, here is the information

Hi @kasparsmisins,

It seems that the image has been resized to 864px and width has been added to the image tag. This might be due to a few different reasons, I would recommend you troubleshoot a few common issues on this.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.CSS/JS Customization
3.Disabling Cache

I also found that you are still using the older version of the X theme and Cornerstone builder, the current version of the X theme is 7.2.3 and the Cornerstone version is 4.2.3.
Please update the theme and builder and check if the issue exists or not, if that still exists, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks, I fixed it. Jetpack was automatically resizing the image and affecting the quality a lot.

Hi @kasparsmisins,

We’re glad that you’re able to fix your issue. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.