iFrame Preview

Hello,

I’m getting the dreaded “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”

I followed the instructions here: https://theme.co/docs/warnings-in-the-builders and also contacted WP Engine to see if they could help pinpoint the problem and they were not able to, either. They increased memory and debugged, too.

Here’s the odd thing: if I move the website over to my staging service (live is https://wetried.it - staging is https://wetrieditstage.wpengine.com/), I don’t have any issues at all. I don’t change the theme or turn on/off any plugins and they are both hosted by WP Engine.

I’m stumped. Any suggestions?

Hey @chiphanna,

Thanks for writing in! Cornerstone and WPEngine don’t really go along much. The Cornerstone builder takes place on the front end, in most cases, WP Engine tries to cache its resources. This can cause stale data to be loaded. To resolve this, you’ll need to clear the site cache in WPEngine right after saving every change you made in Cornerstone.

How to purge the site cache
You can use our interactive tutorial, “What should I do if I make changes and they don’t take effect?“, in the User Portal, or you can follow the instructions below.
Purging your site cache is very easy. You just need to know where the button is located:

1. Long into /wp-admin/
  2. Click on WP Engine button located at the left top side.

WPE Plugin

3. Click “Purge all caches.”

Finally, clear your browser cache and refresh your page. Once you refresh the page you should notice that the content has updated. If it is still not updating, you may want to consider contacting support by creating a support ticket.

To know more about WPEngine caching system, please check it out here: https://wpengine.com/support/cache/

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I tried that, I’ll give you the login info on a secure note.

Hello @chiphanna,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. I checked your debug log and it gives me PHP notices which should not affect the builder preview or the Theme Options preview. Your issue could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme/Plugin Updates
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization

If all of the above fails, place put your site in under construction mode so that we can investigate further.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello, I’ve tried all of the potential issues here, but the Child Theme/Plugin/CSS + JS removals don’t seem to help - on top of that, the Pro builder works perfectly on the Staging Site (which is an exact copy of the Production site). The only thing that’s different is that Cloudflare is in the middle on the production site, but I’ve set rules (see screen shot)

My (uneducated) gut is that it has something to do with Cloudflare (only because that’s the only difference). Any suggestions there?

Hi @chiphanna,

Can you try to put your website in your Cloudflare to a development mode and let see if it solves your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I tried that (and cleared cache afterward) and still getting the same error. The only other thing different was this:

Anything that could cause an issue there?

Hi @chiphanna,

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I recommend the following troubleshooting

1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult to your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.