I need past releases

Hi,

There’s an issue with The Grid and the 3.2.3 version of Pro Theme which doesn’t allow the page to save while using the page builder.
I downgraded to 3.1.2 and it’s working fine, thus a problem with the theme.
But the downgrade to 3.1.2 caused the cs_content_seo to show up across the website without an option to hide it.

Can you please give me access to releases between 3.1.2 and 3.2.3 so I can find one that hides the cs_seo_content but that also works with The Grid?

Thanks!

Hey @carinaa,

I’m sorry but we don’t have version downloads between 3.1.2 and 3.2.3. The best thing you can do for this case is revert from a previous working state using a website backup. Your web host might have a backup of your site so you can ask them if they can assist to revert your site.

If that is not an option, we will need to investigate the issue with 3.2.3. Before we do that, we need first to know that the issue is really with our theme and not caused by 3rd party factors. With that said, you need to perform the basic troubleshooting procedures mentioned in our Common Issues article here: https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

It would also best that you create a staging copy of your site because troubleshooting in a live site is risky or there’s a risk of breaking your site. Once you have the staging ready, please give us the following info in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Staging FTP access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Unfortunately the backups don’t restore to a desired theme version.

I added the login details in the Secure Note.
I disabled all other plugins except The Grid and updated Pro theme to version 3.2.3 which causes the issue.

If I try saving this page for example: /pro/#/content/2152
It gives me this error: image
If I remove the grid from the page or disable the plugin, it works just fine.

Switching to other grids may or may not fix the problem.
I tried creating a new grid, but I can’t figure out if a specific setting is causing this issue. Too bad I can’t see more details about the error, to understand why the content failed to be saved.

Remember, that switching the theme 3.1.2 fixes the problem as well, so the issue is with the one of the theme updates. I can’t use this version because of the cs_content_seo that appears after every page after downgrade and I can’t hide.

Hi Carinaa,

If you want to keep the version 3.1.2 for now, please follow the same solution provided by Rad here for removing the [cs_content_seo].

Thanks,

I realized that saving the content hides the shortcode, but we have huge site and I can’t just go and check all the pages and re-save them.

Did you have the chance to look at what’s wrong on my website?

Hi Carinaa,

Do you mean you editing all your pages after the update? The [cs_content_seo] is a new feature and will be implemented on newly created or edited pages/posts. It doesn’t mean it will also be applied to the pages created/edited before the update. Old pages will remain [cs_content_seo] free.

As for the saving issue, would you mind providing the FTP folder path where I should troubleshoot it? The URL is on staging, but I’m not sure if your provided FTP credentials is for the staging or main site as the changes I’m applying aren’t taking effect. I’ll continue checking once you provided the correct FTP path.

Thanks!

Thank you for clearing things out about the shortcode.

I double-checked the FTP details and they are correct, for staging.
I updated the secure note with the FTP path.

Hi @carinaa,

I spent some time to find out the possible issue and the only thing that I have to say at the moment is the version of The Grid plugin that you use which is 2.4.0.

Please kindly update the plugin to version 2.7.4 to make sure it corresponds to our version compatibility list:

Thank you.

I updated the plugin but the issue is persisting.

Hi Carinaa,

Have you tried it with different admin account, And please provide the network admin credentials. The provided credentials has no capability to change or check network admin settings. It’s the only place left that we haven’t checked yet, perhaps there is a bug with user roles and The Grid.

Thanks!

Hi,

I upgraded your user to Super Admin so you have access to the Network.
I tried with a different admin account, the result is the same.

Hi Carinaa,

Still no luck, I even installed the copy I have with the bug fixes and it’s not working. But one thing I found, your site doesn’t use cornerstone-endpoint, and the requests are different. Please check these screenshots

The working one on my install,

And the one on your site

The one your site is parsed as content-disposition instead of actual JSON data. This means, the data being passed is multitype with different size ranges, in other words, splitting it depending on the sizing of content position, hence the data being sent may not able to reach the server especially if it contains large data in which invalidated the byte range. https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec19.html. You can also compare from the screenshots the content-type, the correct one is JSON type and not multi-part. The multi-part is usually utilized for file attachments and emails.

This is not builder issue since the builder only has JSON type for Ajax requests, the cornerstone-endpoint is even omitted by something.

Could you try this on another host? I’m not saying you should move, but just to test it, because it’s not happening on any of my setups even with large items of The Grid.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.