I have recently purchased the X theme

Hi, I have recently purchased the X theme and i want to first set it up and test it on a local Ubuntu VM. Now should I set it up and activate it there? Also this version will never see the light of day it’s just for my own testing. What if i then later on want to demolish the VM and go live with this theme on my actual web hosting server? How does the licensing affect me this case?

Please help.

Hi there,

Thanks for choosing X!

Yes, that is right. You might also want to check out DesktopServer if you want to initially start building the site locally as it has a Wordpress blueprint so installation is easier and faster and you could also get a local URL that you can use to validate the site locally.

There is nothing to worry about. You could attach two URLs for each license. One for the development/staging site which is in your case the site you will build locally and the live/production site.

You can find more information about the Theme Validation here:

Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much for replying. However, there is one thing that is still doubtful… I might create and delete new VMs (with altogether new configurations) pretty frequently but don’t want to have more than one instance of the development/staging version running anywhere. So i guess what i’m trying to ask is that can I transfer the development/staging version of the license to a different URL if need be? And if yes, how many times?

TIA.

Hello @ronnie141,

Thanks for updating the thread.

There is no restriction on changing staging or as a matter of fact production URL. Let’s say you are developing a new website on staging setup and have validated in staging URL. Once the development is over, you have the option to change the URL and work on the next project and the cycle can continue, there is no limit.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.