I can't get category menu/filter on my blog page

I would like to be able to have a blog page with displays 3 different categories under which different content will be published.

I have tried using the filterable index technique, as mentioned in one of you help docs, and selected the values for each of the three categories, as well as one for “all”

I have also tried adding a submenu onto the blog page.

But none of these things work, nor on the blog page or the category archive pages once I click from the drop down menu.

Hello @mgkcreative,

Thanks for writing in! Sound like that there is a JS error on the page or that this is related to an on-going bug when using Masonry layout for the blog index or the archive pages. Please check out this thread instead:

If this does not work, kindly provide us your site URL and WP access to your site so that we can investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I added the code, but it didn’t work.

Included the info for option 2 in note. Here are some screen shots for reference.
I am trying to get my 3 categories to appear as they do in the screen shot from your demo (ideally under the blog slider)

()

Hello @mgkcreative,

We cannot check your site.

The given credentials does not have administrative privileges. We cannot check your settings. Anyway, please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Stacks > Blog Options and make sure to remove the category IDs. I have a hunch that the category IDs are the reason why no post items are display on your blog index.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That did not work, and was how I originally had it. I fixed the privileges.

I had to look up the category ID solution as an attempt to solve it.

Neither displays the categories on the blog page.
I am seeing the post items themselves, just not a way to click between categories

Hello @mgkcreative,

Actually it displayed on the blog index. It is not visible though because you have set the Headings color to transparent.

To resolve this, you need to do the following:
1.) Go to Cornerstone > Theme options > Typography > Headings and set the color to at least “Black” as shown on the screenshot above.

2.) Most of your posts are private. You need to make them public so that it will display on the blog index when the Filterable Index option is enabled.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

It seems the privacy setting was preventing the the categories from populating. Thanks all sorted

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.