Html video not playing

I have added a video to a page using the Video Embedded feature, but it doesn’t play in Chrome.
In the admin page it appears to look correct: the controls are visible in the preview, the poster is displaying.
When I open the page in Chrome however the video won’t play and the controls do not display.
The video is self hosted.

However when I open the page is Safari it works.
When I put the link to the video source into the browser it links and plays the video.

I tried adding the video with a text editor instead, but same problem as the embedded feature.

Can you advise what could be the issue here?

The code in the text editor is:

<div class="vid-player-container">

<video class="vid-explainer" poster="/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/video-memorial-walkthrough-cover.jpg" controls="controls" width="100%" height="auto">
<source src="https://eulogise.com.au/assets/EulogiseExplainer.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

</div>

Hi Ben,

Please try to update your Pro and Visual composer to the latest version.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Kindly also note to keep a full backup of the site before doing any update and check the most recent release notes as it contains some update information about Visual Composer:

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for this.

In the Wordpress page it says
“You have version 2.2.5 installed. Update to 2.3.8”
Is this the version you were suggesting to update to?

I tried to update the theme, but there was an error.
“An error occurred while updating Pro: Update package not available.”

can you advise?

additional info - I noticed that Bakery itself had a plugin update.
I did that just now and got the same error:

“An error occurred while updating WPBakery Page Builder: Update package not available.”

Another plugin I had installed on my own was able to update successfully though.
Can you advise how to solve this issue? Bakery was installed as part of XTheme

And, do you think this is actually the solution to the original issue about the video not playing. It did used to play until about a week ago.
thanks

Hi,

I checked and can see that you haven’t validated your theme.

You need to validate to be able to update your theme and plugins.

Thanks

Hi, I have updated X Pro and Bakery, but this hasn’t resolved the issue above. Can you please advise.
The videos used to play on click, but now do not in Chrome, but will in Safari

thanks

Hi,

I created a test page then added a video element for your video and it seems to work.

Please check the page below.

https://eulogise.com.au/test/

Thanks

Thanks but I think you missed my first point.
My pages are not created with cornerstone, but with Bakery Visual Composer.

I don’t think it’s possible to switch between them right?

I have used both an embedded video elements and a text editor to add video html code, and neither work in Chrome.
In Safari they do.

Can you advise on this please?

Hey Ben,

You should use the Video Self-Hosted element. You can see that it works in the screencast in the secure note.

Please note that we don’t support custom video setup like your custom HTML setup. Video Embed is also for third party video services like Youtube where you get an iframe embed code.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.