Html in Post Pagination element not rendering

Hi there,

I’ve possibly spotted a bug. I’ve used some html in the prev/next text field in the Post Pagination element.

It renders correctly in the Preview:

However, on the live frontend it isn’t rendering the html.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks

Hello @boomfly,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of broken HTML. I would suggest you check for the broken HTML tags. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s ,

I’ve checked for broken html and can’t seem to locate it. I’ve also tried the Post Navigation element on it’s own page without any header or footer to eliminate those. See secure note for link.

Hey @boomfly,

Thank you for providing the URL, please also provide the User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Just to be clear this is in relation to the Post Navigation element NOT the Post Pagination element that I’ve put in the title. I’ve mistakenly referred to the wrong element.

I’ve updated the secure note with a new test site on a clean WP install for you to play around with. While putting the single layout together there are a number of further problems. See this screenshot of the Page Navigation elements at the end of the single post layout.

Fig 1. The prev/next icon arrows correctly function as expected, going to the next and previous posts correctly.

Fig 2. The icons have been swapped for prev/next text and I’ve included dynamic content for the post title. In the prev button {{dc:post:title post=“prev”}} and in the next button {{dc:post:title post=“next”}}. But they don’t work correctly. They titles are wired backwards - the prev button displays the title of the next post even though it correctly links to the prev post, the next button displays the title of the prev post even though it correctly links to the next post.

Fig 3. Same problem with dynamic content post titles as Fig 2 but the html isn’t being rendered (it is in the Pro Preview window).

Also, when viewing the first or last post, the dynamic content in the prev/next button appears to be blank. Could this be related to the post titles being reversed in dynamic content?

Hi @boomfly,

It seems that you have made the title in the wrong boxes, the first one is for next post and the second one is for prev post ( Please find the attached screenshot )

Regretfully, the Item Setup > Text option for the Post Navigation element only accect the Text or Dynamic Content that return text. HTML tags are not allowed for this options.

The last issue you mentioned, is also related to the wrong order of the Next and Previous. I checked it by changing it in your layout and found it is working. I would suggest you change it accordingly.

Thanks for undertsanding.

Thanks @tristup for the reply.

Can you see how confusing this is? Look at my screenshot below. Given the label is Prev / Next you would expect Prev to be on the left and Next on the right. What you’re asking is to put {{dc:post:title post=“next”}} in what appears to be the Prev field and {{dc:post:title post=“prev”}} in what appears to be the Next field. There are no labels to say otherwise! What you suggest works so either the dynamic content tags is wired backwards or the output of these fields are wired up backwards or the fields are round the wrong way? Whichever it is, it doesn’t make sense to me. Would love another opinion on this…

Just to back up my argument, if you switch to icons instead of text then you can clearly see that the Prev arrow is on the left and the Next arrow is on the right. So why doesn’t this logic follow through to the Text tab?

For the html, it appears that html tags do work in the preview. I don’t see a reason for them not to show in the live frontend? Can you explain?

Hello @boomfly,

I suspect that this is a bug in the latest release. I have added this issue in our issue tracker so that our developers will be made aware of this issue. I also added a feature request to combine the icon and the text because at the moment, you can only use an icon or plain text but not both.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @ruenel,

That’s great! Thanks for checking this out and recognising it as a bug. I thought I was going mad.

All the best.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.