How to use Webfonts in Font Manager?

I want to use some webfonts bought by MyFonts.com

I used the myfonts plugin to install them into my wordpress account as described here:
https://amazemedia.com/myfonts-webfont-wordpress-setup/

Now I’d like to use the fonts in the font manager as default fonts for Headline, body etc.

What do I have to do to find the new fonts in the font manager?

Best regards.

Uli

Hi Uli,

Currently, the Font Manager could handle System Fonts, Google Fonts, and Typekit fonts.

As for the font that you are trying to use, you can use the plugin that they provide so that you can use it on the site.

Hope this explains it.

Hi Jade,

I don’t think that solves my problem. One of the reasons to use PRO is the font-manager. So it would be really important to get the webfont (Futura PT) into the font manager, so I can use it in the header-builder for headline, navigation etc.

Right now I can only chose between “Body Copy” and “Headings”, that are defined in the font-manager.

I can’t use Google fonts or TypeKit because of the european GDPR regulations, so I really need to have self hosted webfonts.

Best regards

Uli

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.futura { 
	font-family: FuturaSB-MediumCon !important;
	font-weight: normal;
	font-style: normal;
}

After that you can add the futura class to your elements:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi thai,

I don’t want to manually add a class to each element. I want to use the PRO font-manager, and select the required font in the header- / footer-builder etc. without remembering a special class. That’s why I bought PRO!

So it would really be great if we could find a way, to get my 4 futura PT fonts into the font-manager. If you can provide any code for the functions.php that will make this possible, I’d be happy to add this to my child theme.

Best regards

Uli

Hey Uli,

We understand that you need the option but there’s no advertisement that you can use a custom font in the Font Manager. I’m sorry but there’s also no API or code to achieve that. But, this was already submitted as featured request. Please stay tuned for future updates.

Thank you for understanding.

But, as far as I see, also no advertisement, that you can’t

On your landingpage, it says:

Assign font families to particular parts of your site then manage them in one location.

And using selfhosted webfonts is not that crazy thing, no one could think about …

Anyway, thank you for submitting as a feature request.

Plaese consider, that in europe selfhosting webfonts will become - and already is - very important due to the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) regulations.

Best regards

Uli

Hello @ULinn,

I have checked our issue tracker and ability to add custom fonts into font manager is already there and our developers are looking into the same. I can’t comment on ETA as of now as I am not in the position to share the same. However, future update announcements will be communicated via our changelog page.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks for understanding.

OK, thank you for that.

As a workaround I activated typekit to be able to work with the required fonts during development. If the site is going public and no new solution is there, I have to made manual changes …

But now, there’s another problem. I’d like to use the TypeKit fonts also in SliderRevolution - but can’t see them there. How can I use the fonts there?

Best regards

Uli

Hi @ULinn,

I think you could use it in the custom styling of a layer (like manually adding font-family: 'typekit_font_name' as a sample) but it’s not going to take effect within slider editing area as the font is only loaded in the front (live page).

Example,

Thanks!

Hi Rad, thank you, I did already try this, but didn’t check it in the frontend, so I’ll try it again.

The example-link you provided shows:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Best regards

Uli

Hi @ULinn,

I see, looks like that thread is now archived and inaccessible. But the sample from that thread is like this

.rev_slider .caption, .rev_slider .tp-caption {
    font-family: "FreightSans Pro", sans-serif;
    font-weight: 700 !important;
    letters-spacing : 3px !important;
}

Perhaps you can provide a sample URL where the slider is and the font you’re expecting too see? I’ll check if it’s loaded or applied.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.