How To Remove The Carousel on Certain Posts or Pages in the Ethos Theme

There’s certain posts or pages that I don’t want to display the carousel on my WordPress site. I’ve tried a search on simplest way to do this but I haven’t had any success. I have the ethos stack. Is there any way to do this?

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You can add a CSS rule into your Theme Options > Global CSS area.

.postid-3128 .x-post-carousel {
    display: none;
}

Post or Page IDs you can locate by following this article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59).

Hope that helps.

Hi Mldarshana,
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, the carousel is still showing up on the page after I add the css rule into my theme options. I’ve tried clearing cache and and reloading the page, but it’s still there.

Hi There,

You need to change the Post and Page IDs accordingly and create a CSS rule. Can you please provide a sample Post & Page URL so that we can provide an example CSS rule.

Thanks!

Sure, the page I’m needing to remove the carousel from is here. I’ve tried changing post to page but still no success.

Hi there,

To easily hide the carousel, you may try this:

1. Edit the page where you want the carousel hidden.

2. Scroll to the page settings and add a value to the Body CSS Class field:

3. Assuming that the class you have added on the body css field is hide-carousel then add this CSS in the custom CSS panel:

.hide-carousel .x-post-carousel {
}

If you wish to hide the post carousel on other pages, you simply just have to add the class hide-carousel to the page’s body css class.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade, Thank you. That worked! I really appreciate your help! Btw would it be possible for me to remove my right side bar on that or any other page I wish to and what css could I use? Thank you again.

Hi There,

Just for your information, the above method that I have introduced would need to use page IDs as follows.

.page-id-26 .x-post-carousel {
}

To hide your sidebar, add the following CSS rules.

.page-id-26 .x-sidebar.right {
}
.page-id-26 .x-main.left {
    width: 100%;
    background-color: #fff;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi Mldarshana, That sounds great. Thank you very much for your help also.

You are always welcome!

Feel free to open a new thread if you still have questions.

Cheers!

Hi Lely, Thank you also. I hope you guys have a great weekend.

You’re welcome and have a great weekend too!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.