How to remove post title from specific posts

Hey. I want to remove the post title and also the featured image, from specific posts in a category.

It has to do with the way I’m wanting to display them.

https://intothemythica.com/academy-layers-of-reality/

I’d like to remove the post title from posts in the ‘core’ category. I can do it on a post-by-post basis in CSS if someone gives me the code, just wondering how this is accomplished for these, to make the display clearer.

I have a plugin that removes featured images so that’s fine, though I’d definitely like to know the code for that on those specific posts as well to see if I can accomplish it without a plugin

thanks!

Hi there,

For the category in question you can add the CSS code below to Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-main article.category-core h1.entry-title {
    display: none;
}

If you change category-core to another category alias then it will hide the title for that specific category.

For the Featured image per category you can use the CSS code below:

.x-main article.category-core .entry-featured {
}

If you want the same case as an individual post you will first need to find the Post ID. Assuming that your post ID is 20264 the code to hide the title of that post will be:

.postid-20264 .x-main article .h1.entry-title {
}

And for the Feature Image:

.postid-20264 .x-main article .entry-featured {
}

Replace 20264 in the code with the ID you find for your case.

And finally, not related to the question but please back up your website completely and update the theme to version 2.0.4 as soon as possible. As the version 2.0.1 is not considered as a stable release.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.