How to remove h1 from breadcrumbs?

Hi

It was discovered that we have two h1 tags on each page. For the heading as well as the breadcrumbs.
How do we go about removing the h1 tags from the breadcrumbs?

Thanks!

I am working on removing the h1 tags from the breadcrumbs from this site:

Hello @stefaneklund,

Thanks for writing in! Please edit your page and disable the page title. Perhaps this documentation can help you:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

This is the issue we are seeing:
On the home page there are two h1 tags:
<h1 class="h-landmark entry-title"><span>Hjem</span></h1>
and
<h1 class="x-text-content-text-primary"><p>Landbruksutstyr nettbutikk</p></h1></div></div></div>

I am trying to remove the h1 class in the h-landmark entry title with using a display: none through CSS, but I have not yet been able to remove it.

Thanks!

Hello @stefaneklund,

In order to hide the tag and title, you don’t need to use custom CSS with display: none, You need to go to Page —>Click On the “EDIT”(Only Edit button) button —>Scroll down to page settings —> Disable Page Title

Edit-Page-‹-admin-—-WordPress

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi

There are over a 1000 pages that uses breadcrumbs for this specific site.
Each page has a page title that uses H1.
For SEO purpose we need to change breadcrumbs from using H1 to instead use the P tag.

Breadcrumbs should not use the H1 tag at all, and it creates a conflict with all pages where the page title needs to have the H1 tag.

How do we change the breadcrumbs from using H1 to the P tag?

I even tried using Yoast SEO breadcrumbs, but even though ThemeX breadcrumbs was turned off it still showed up in the HTML with using H1. Yoast SEO breadcrumbs does not use H1 but uses the P tag.

This is an important concern that would affect many of your customers.

Hello @stefaneklund,

If you assigned a page as your homepage, the page title should not display by default. If you have added a custom template in your template, there could be an incorrect condition or code that causes this issue. I would be happy to check your child theme and custom templates if you wouldn’t mind providing us access to your site. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/forum/t/how-the-forum-w
orks/288

And by the way, could you please update to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.3
  • Cornerstone 5.2.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have updated X theme to 8.2.3. Updated Cornerstone to 5.2.3. We have the 5.5.3 older version of WordPress running. Php version 7.4 is active. There are also a few other updates that should be done. I do not believe this affects the h1 tag in use in the breadcrumbs.

Breadcrumbs uses a Home title for the home page. It uses the H1 tag.
The Site title uses a much better title for SEO it also uses the H1 tag.

We need to remove the H1 tag from all the Breadrcumbs on all the pages.
As we need to have one H1 tag on each page. The Page title needs to use the H1 tag. A conflicts arises when two H1 tags are used on a page.

I will include two screenshots.

The above shows breadcrumbs that use the H1 tag on the home page. The H1 tag says Home (Hjem) which does not help SEO.

The above shows the Home page title of “Landbruksutstyr nettbutikk” (country equipment e-store). It uses the correct name that uses the H1 tag.

The above two H1 tags on each pagae is not good for the SEO. There needs to be only one H1 tag per page.
We need help removing the H1 tag from the Breadcrumbs structure, so that it does not distrupt all the pages (over a 1000) on this WooCommerce web store.

Hello @stefaneklund,

I have logged in and your issue has been resolved. What I did, I simply disabled the Page Title in the Page Settings.

See the secure note.

You were using custom CSS to hide the landmark header with the help of this code:

.x-landmark {
    display: none;
}

You have hidden away the landmark because you just want to add the title within your post content. If you totally want to remove the landmark header, please do the following:

• Using an FTP software, please create this wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/renew in your child theme’s folder.
  • In your local computer, open your notepad and create a new file. Do not insert anything on it.
  • Save the file as _landmark-header.php and upload the file to the newly created folder in the child theme.

Best Regards.

Thank you!
I added the folder in the folder structure you mentioned.
I then added the php file into the last folder.
I checked the code and noticed that the breadcrumbs structure has been removed.

I then added the Yoast SEO breadcrumbs and used the following page to understand how to implement it.

The default breadcrumbs uses the P tag.

I then styled the breadcrumbs, and everything looks to be working nicely. I will get a report back from our SEO person on Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks for your help @ruenel Rue!
Have a great weekend!

Hey @stefaneklund,

You’re most welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
We are really happy to know that it has worked for you.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.