How to remove "graphic display" and icon options from menu options

How can I REMOVE these options from the menu options? I believe they are interfering with Megamenu. The menu is loading super slowly and crashes when trying to edit it. If I turn off Cornerstone, I have no issues …

Hello @geekgoddessx,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you go to the Navigation menu element —>Top Links —>Disable the Graphic options.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m not using any of the navigation elements. In fact, I went into the elements under the Cornerstone settings and DEACTIVATED every single element that was a navigation element to see if that would remove the options, but they were still there. So, I went back in and re-activated them then checked every one of them to see if the Graphic box was checked, but none of them have that checked (I assume it is unchecked by default).

So, something is still loading those options even if you have all of the navigation elements disabled. It’s frustrating. :slight_smile: Do you have another way we can disable that? Perhaps something I can add to my functions.php file?

Hello @geekgoddessx,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I added the secure note to my last post … thanks!

Hey @geekgoddessx,

Removing those Icon settings would mean a custom PHP code override. Be advised that this is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

I’m a WordPress developer and write my own custom code, so I can dig into the theme and find out where it is and remove it … but there should be a way to remove it easily, particularly if you deactivate ALL of the navigation elements where this is the only place it is ever used. Also, it should never be added UNLESS you check the graphic box in one of those elements. Could this be passed to the developers to see if they could adjust sometime in the future?

Hi @geekgoddess

You can surely change the files directly. But we strongly discourage editing the theme core file. I will check with our development team and if possible will add it as a feature request so they can consider it in the future.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.