How to remove Category filter buttons for portfolio pages selectively

Hi, thanks for your great support.

I would like to selectively remove certain Category filter buttons for portfolio pages. The buttons I wish to display may vary from page to page. My main portfolio page is https://bennorsaphotography.com/fine-art-photography/. I am panning on creating new ones that will have different filtering requirements.

I would greatly appreciate your advice on the best way to achieve this.

Cheers

Hi @bnorsa,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can select the portfolio categories of your choice to show on that specific page from the Portfolio Settings > Category Select options. You can select different categories on different portfolio pages too. The options will be shown only if the Layout Portfolio* template is selected in the Page Attribute > template.
Please find the screenshot describing the settings.

Edit-Page-‹-Barber-—-WordPress (2)

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks @tristup,

This has been my approach however it is not working as expected. I already have applied the recommended settings and selected a subset of the available categories. However the page shows filter buttons for all the available categories regardless of what is applied under “Category Select”.

Cheers

Hi @tristup,

Some further info: I sent you my login credentials on the other support post. These are still valid.

Cheers

Hello @bnorsa,

I checked your site dashboard, I went ahead and checked your given page. It seems that it working fine.

Before category deselect

After category selected for excluding.
Backend

Frontend

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks, this has helped me to narrow down the issue. I am attempting to eliminate the “Northern Beaches” filter button, which does not disappear when deselected (refer your screenshots). I have created a separate draft portfolio landing page called Northern Beaches (as a test) and this has the same X portfolio layout with only the “Northern Beaches” category selected. I suspect that X is picking that up from the draft and therefore deselecting the category on the main portfolio page does not remove the filter.

To be clear I’m seeking to have the Northern Beaches portfolio display images categorized Northern Beaches only but I don’t want a Northern Beaches filter button on the main portfolio page. I don’t understand how to do this.

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Hello @bnorsa,

Are you trying to get rid of the filter button? Please disable filtering which is at the bottom of the Portfolio Settings.
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 9.21.00 AM

If this does not help, provide us your WP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.