How to Remove Archive Widget from Side of Page

Hello @Shaman22,

Thanks for writing to us.

For the sidebar, you need to create a new sidebar where you can add your widgets that you want to show and then assign it to that page. Please have a look at our doc to learn more how to add a custom sidebar and how to assign it to the page.
https://theme.co/docs/work-with-unlimited-sidebars

To align the content box centre, it not possible to provide a proper solution without checking the exact page URL or any screenshot. I would request you to share an exact page URL or marking screenshot.

Thanks

I looked in the Appearances>Sidebars and I have no sidebars in there yet this one appears on the page I have selected for the URL. Some pages have it and some don’t.

Where is the attachment button?

I couldn’t find an attachment button, so here is the URL:

https://marijuanashaman.com/attractcash

Hi @Shaman22,

Thank you for sharing the URL. It looks like the Archives widget is added in the Main Sidebar. To remove it, go to Appearance > Widgets and open the Main Sidebar to find and remove the Archives widget:

However there is a Calendar widget added too in your sidebar, you can remove that as well if needed. Let us know how this goes!

That did it.

How do you assign the widget to certain pages?

And how do you center the white content box on the screen?

Thank you.

Hi @Shaman22,

To assign a certain widget to any specific page, you need to create a specific sidebar for the page from Appearance > Sidebars and assign it to a specific page. Then you need to add the widgets to that specific sidebar from Appearance > Widget. To know how to create and assign the sidebar, please go through the following article: https://theme.co/docs/work-with-unlimited-sidebars

And about the white content box, you are using the default template which has the content in left and sidebar in right and as you don’t have any widget assign to the sidebar it is not showing and looks like the content box is left aligned. I would suggest you use the fullwidth template or add the widget to the sidebar.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Where do you change the template to fullwidth?

In the Appearance>Sidebars it says that I have no sidebars yet when I add a widget to the Footer 1 it shows up on the Home page, Blog page, Make Money page, Consulting page, About me page and the Contact Us page.
Can you take a look and tell me what is going on?

Thanks.

Hello Guiseppe,

Please edit your homepage, blog index, Make Money, Consulting, About Me, and the Contact Us page. You need to use Blank - Container | Header, Footer page template. In your row settings, you will have to set a maximum width of 850 pixels.

For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

We would be happy to edit one of the pages to make it an example of how you can do it if you will give us access to your site.

Best Regards.

Thank you for showing me this!

Is there any way to make the box narrow like the default but in the center?

When you say change row settings to 850 pixels, are you talking about row settings in every section?

Please disregard the last 2 responses.

When I updated Pro I was able to figure out where the pixel adjustment for the page is.

I still need help on this question:

In the Appearance>Sidebars it says that I have no sidebars yet when I add a widget to the Footer 1 it shows up on the Home page, Blog page, Make Money page, Consulting page, About me page and the Contact Us page.
Can you take a look and tell me what is going on?

Thanks.

Hello Guiseppe,

The Footer 1 widget area is a default widget area in the theme. If you do not want to display the footer widgets, please go to Pro > Theme Options > Footers > Widget Areas and select “None”.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 10.01.23 AM

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you Rue.

I am still having trouble figuring out how to add a side bar to certain pages. I followed the tutorial and when I added a sidebar it went underneath Footers when I went to add a widget. Then when I add a widget it doesn’t show up anywhere.

Thank you.

Hey @Shaman22,

Before we continue, please note that this thread is getting longer and the more the thread gets longer, the more confusing it will become so if the sidebar problem is solved, I’d recommend opening up a new thread or separate threads for different issues like how to change the width of the page.

Now to the footer widget issue, would you mind providing a screenshot of where you’re putting the widget? If you want to put a widget in the sidebar, make sure you insert the widget in the Main Sidebar Widget Area and not the Footer Widget Area.

Thanks.

Hello Guiseppe,

After creating the custom sidebar, please also assigned it to which page or post you want it to display. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @Shaman22,

The reason you can’t display a sidebar on any of your pages is that you’ve set the Global Content Layout to Fullwidth. You need to choose a layout with Sidebar.

The option that you need to use to make a page fullwidth or with sidebar is the Page Attributes. We’ve linked to it previously so I believe you’re already familiar with this but here’s the link again * https://theme.co/docs/page-settings#page-attributes

By the way, in your screenshot, you’ve created custom sidebar called Test but you inserted widgets in the Main Sidebar. You need to insert widgets in the Test widget Area.

Hope that helps.

That clears it up.

Thank you.

Hi @Shaman22,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us,

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.