How to Obtain API

Hi there,

I am experiencing issues with obtaining the API Key. I registered the product code. I read the https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55 article, but I do not see the “you’re almost finished” message pop up.

Can you please assist? I need to the update X theme and Cornerstone

Thank you,

Brittani

Hi Brittani,

Did you mean the validation page is broken? This issue happens because the version of Cornerstone plugin is newer than the version of X theme.

Please navigate to Plugins page and deactivate then delete the Cornerstone plugin. After that re-visit the Validation page the Cornerstone plugin will be installed automatically.

If it still doesn’t work, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Thank you for your response and guidance. I have replied in a secure note.

Hey Brittani,

You’re using a very old version of X (4.0.4) and the validation from that version is no longer compatible with Apex.

For this case, you will need to uninstall Cornerstone and manually update X. Please see the manual update instruction at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Right after the installation of X, you will be taken to the X > Validation page and visiting that page, X will install the latest compatible Cornerstone version automatically for you. Depending on your server’s connection to our server, it might take some time. Please give it a couple of minutes to install Cornerstone.

I’d strongly recommend that you regularly update the software versions because important security and improvements are released and also avoid update issues like this.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your assistance, this resolved the issue.

Brittani

You’re welcome, Brittani.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.