How do I update Cornerstone?

I have searched and tried numerous fixes but I can’t get my site to update Cornerstone. Can someone please help?

I get the following message when I try to validate my license of X.

“We’ve checked your code, but it doesn’t appear to be a valid license. Please double check the code and try again.”

I want to update cornerstone and set it up to autoupdate.

Thank you.

Hi Shawn,

It looks like you have a Cornerstone license but you have X installed on your site and you are trying to validate X using your Cornerstone license which will not work.

If you have a Cornerstone license, you can’t use it to validate here:

You will need some other theme installed and activated and you should see this:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. When I look at the page source info I see the following:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='x-cranium-migration-css'  href='https://www.lilsquirtpowerwashing.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/css/dist/site/renew.css?ver=5.2.3' type='text/css' media='all' />
<link rel='stylesheet' id='x-child-css'  href='https://www.lilsquirtpowerwashing.com/wp-content/themes/x-child/style.css?ver=5.2.3' type='text/css' media='all' />```

Doesn't this mean that it is using the X Theme? It is not letting me update my x theme either. Any ideas?

Hi Shawn,

Your license is for cornerstone only and it can’t be use to validate the theme. Please activate another theme and validate your cornerstone, and you should able to update it. It’s not X theme related since your license is only limited to cornerstone. Validating it through X theme isn’t going to work, so thus the automatic update.

Thanks!

I don’t understand why my website appears to be using the X theme. Can you help me clarify this? Did I have the X theme at one point but not any more? Do you have any suggestions for a theme I should use?

Hi Shawn,

From the code you have provided, the active theme is X and with child theme as well. I also checked your license and there is no assigned URL so I couldn’t really verify which site has this issue.

Please validate your cornerstone first, please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55. You can do that by assigning the site’s URL to your purchase code within your Apex License page. Then validate it within your site by adding the purchase key within Cornerstone > Validation. You can only do this if another theme is active instead of X theme.

Thanks!

I have now got my site URL in my Apex license page but I receive the following error message when I try to register the license:

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and can see you are using X Theme and Cornerstone which are quite old version too. Further checking the licence, I can see that you have only Cornerstone licence and same can’t be used to validate X Theme. So, I suggest you to either buy a X Theme licence, should you wish to use X Theme along with Cornerstone. If you want to use only Cornerstone, then please remove X Theme as active theme and then validate Cornerstone.

Before validating Cornerstone, please make sure to update Cornerstone to the latest version as I see that you are using Cornerstone version 2.1.7. After updating, I suggest you to validate Cornerstone. Here’s some resources that you can take a look.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

If I am using theme x I must have a license for it already, correct?

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In your licence manager page I see only Cornerstone licence. If you had purchased X Theme licence it would have reflected on the licence manager page. So, to use X Theme and validate the same you will have to purchase X Theme separately.

Thanks.

I just renewed my cornerstone license a few days ago and I see that cornerstone is included in theme x. If I purchase theme x now can I get refunded for the cornerstone that I bought by mistake?

Hi Shawn,

You could contact Envato for the refund, and I think it’s possible if it’s covered by 30days refund policy.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.