How do i remove the latest posts link on a posts page

Hello on the home page of my site there is a heading “Latest Posts” because the page shows the last 6 or so posts.

When you click a post the “Latest Posts” text still appears on the post page along with a second “latest posts” heading that links to the homepage but below this is a duplicate title of the post you are on that links to the same page your on.

This duplicate title also puts a second h1 tag on the post page.

How do i remove this duplicate title and link to the same page and the second h1 tab?

Hi @Roona,

Thanks for reaching out.
The text Latest Post is coming from the Theme Options > Stack > Blog Options, it comes in default with the stack you are using i.e. Renew.
And the home page link with the Latest Post is because that the Static Posts Page is not set from the Settings > Reading. Please find the screenshot describing the option.

Thanks

But i don’t want a static page i want it to show the last 6 or so blogs so having latest posts text is correct. The problem is when you go to a post the latest post text remains then it also copies te post title of the page and then links to it even though you are already on the page.

When im on the home page i want it to say latest posts but when i go to a blog post i dont wnat it to display latest posts because it not doing that its showing the one article you select and i also then dont wnat the title duplicated as a link back to the same article im already on

Hi Dexter,

Would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check your back-end settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello Dexter,

Do you want to display it like this?

If that is the case, You need to use the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar to check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use.

Based on the screenshot above, the necessary class selector you need to use are the following: .single-post, .x-header-landmark and .x-landmark. Therefore, you can have something like this code:

.single-post .x-header-landmark .x-landmark{
     display: none; 
}

You can add the above custom CSS code into X > Theme Options > CSS. Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Best Regards.

So i cant remove latest posts on a post page without coding.

It doesn’t even show the latest posts it just shows the same post you already on? It duplicates the post title and links to that post when you are already on that post. Pointless.

I don’t know code, i don’t have a developer, and i don’t want to keep changing this every time the theme updates.

This is something that should we should be able to change in the theme settings.

Can you advise a fix that regular users can make without coding or developers?

Also the screen capture is not correct because you still have the duplicate title that links to the same page your on?
All that is gone on Latest Posts.

There is absolutely no reason for pages to link to themselves

Hi Dexter,

Alternatively, you can remove the Latest Post from Theme Options > Stack, but it will remove the title from Blog Page/Front Page too. Although you may not be proficient with the code, I would suggest you copy the code provided by my colleague and paste it into the Theme Options > CSS.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

So every blogger who uses the latest posts option will also have the latest posts option appear on any post page that then duplicates the post title they are on with a link to the very same page. Why? I just want latest posts on the home page and when I click to a post I just want to see the post. It’s insane that you cannot do this without code.

I added the code in the css box and it doent do anything. Removing Latest posts under Blog Options removes it from the homepage but then leaves a big chunk of space below the header.
Like i said I want Latest posts on the homepage but i don’t want it or the duplicate title and link on any posts pages
The problem wouldn’t be so bad if it did what it says it does. It says latest posts and then doesnt show the latest posts on the post page.

Hello Dexter,

Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

I also pointed out and given you an example code to get you started with the customization. Be advised that our support only covers getting your site set up, bug fixes, and minor cosmetic changes. Any modifications that is not covered by the theme’s option and feature are beyond the scope of our support.

Thank you for your understanding.

This function makes no sense.
Why allow the theme to duplicate the same title of the post and then link to the same post.?
It does this on every post

Hello Dexter,

Please keep in mind that each stack was uniquely designed and the blog title “Latest Posts” is part of this design. Anyways, I went ahead and applied the given CSS code in my previous response. Please do check the single blog post URL in the secure note. The “Latest Post” title will now ONLY appear in the blog index and not in single posts.

Best Regards.

Ok, thank you but it still shows the duplicate title that links to the same page as you are on. There is absolutely no reason for this title and link to be there your already on the post. Check the secure note i added. It shows another of my sites where i have latest posts on the home page then the posts themselves dont have the latest posts or the copy title and link and the space is removed so the gap where they are on the homepage is gone. Thats how it should be.

Hello Dexter,

I am confused about what you want to do.

See the images in the secure note.

Please explain further which of the element you want to get rid of. Thank you.

Its showing correctly st the moment. I called in the help of a friend to add extra css. Problem is the moment the theme updates I will need another favour.
My point is that the theme showing a duplicate post title and link under the heading of latest posts is a redundant feature. I cant believe there isn’t a way to turn that off . It means that every blogger using latest posts puts duplicate content on their post pages.

Hi Dexter,

Theme update will not affect your custom CSS that added through the Theme Options > CSS and will work as it is.

Thanks

Thanks then it looks like I have a solution. Thank you to you and the rest of the team who have been helping me.
Regards Dexter

Hi Dexter,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.