Homepage redesign - template and settings

Homepage redesign - template and settings

We want to update the look of our homepage https://www.mitegen.com/. We reviewed the homepage for renew business and like the layout https://demo.theme.co/renew-business/. I backed up our development site and installed Renew business as per this document. https://theme.co/docs/design-cloud.

Now comes the question of replicating the look of the homepage on the live site. I don’t want to install renew business like I did on the development site as I know that will overwrite our current theme settings.

I found this forum post which indicates a template can be saved on one site (such as our development) and then transfered to another site (such as our live site) Exporting or saving settings and templates from staging site to live site?

So that looks good. But I do have a question.

Since we are using just the homepage layout, are there any other settings we need to take into account?

Note, I would make a complete backup of our live site before try this.

Here is info about our site. Our Woocommerce site is using Theme X version 7.2.3 and Cornerstone 4.2.3. It also has a customized child theme. We are using renew stack. Our site uses a static homepage.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Tim,

Thanks for writing in! Assuming that you are using the same Renew stack, you can simply save the Renew Business homepage as a page template, export it, and import it to your site. There are no settings needed. All you have to do is insert the page template to your homepage or just create a totally new page and load the exported page template. You can then use it as your homepage with no issue.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel -

Thanks for that information.

You mentioned, “Assuming that you are using the same Renew stack”. Where do I find information concerning the version of renew stack we are using? If I navigate to X-> Theme options -> Stack all I see listed is Renew. There is no mention of the version of renew such as business or creative.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

There’s no specific version of the renew stack, they are all just the same. Just follow what my colleague said about exporting and importing the template on your website.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

@marc_a - Got it, thanks for the help.

Hi Tim,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there -

I have configured a new version of our homepage on our development site. We based it on business renew. I did adjust the padding on each section to reduce the spacing between the section. Originally I tried adjusting the spacing between sections using margins but found that using padding worked better.

We would appreciate it if you would take a look and provide feedback. I will sure the URL via a private note.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Tim,

It seems that everything is in order. The spacing is correct. You may add some padding or margins to the section and rows when needed.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Thanks @ruenel

Hi Tim,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.