Homepage layout keeps changing - not sure why?!

Hi,
As the title says, the homepage keeps changing layout and I’m not sure why on the frontend.
When I go back into the builder, it is all displaying correctly - but after a while and I visit the website again it once again isn’t loading correctly. I repeat the login, edit homepage, save and all is well again. And now it’s happened again for the fourth time… what could be causing this?

How it should look:

Screenshots of error:

Hi @discomatt,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website multiple times in different browsers but didn’t find the problem you described here. Can you please explain the steps to replicate it along with the device, browser name and version, and the operating system you are using, that helps us to replicate the issue at our end.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

That’s understandable - perhaps I should have explained better - after I have ‘updated’ the website after seeing the issue happen again (please note, all I do is go to edit with pro > homepage > update/save - there are no alterations needed), it seems to be fine for a while until it happens again. This is the fourth time it has happened within the last month.
I am currently on Safari 14.1.2.

Thanks

Hey @discomatt,

Like my colleague, I couldn’t replicate the issue too. It sounds though like the builder’s CSS aren’t generated when you save sometimes. There might be something in your server causing that. There might be server process that interferes with the builders generation of CSS. As to what is the exact cause, we’re clueless.

I’d recommend copying your site to a staging server then deactivate all 3rd party plugins and customizations in there then monitor if you get the issue.

Thanks.

Hi @christian & @tristup,

I have just checked the site and the issue has happened again, please let me know if you’re seeing this too?
I will not do anything on my end until you reply, to see if you see this occurring.

Thanks

Hello @discomatt,

I have inspected the page and I found out that none of the element styling were applied. This usually happens when you insert a broken CSS code or incorrect style value. I would love to investigate further. Kindly provide us your WP credentials so we can log in and check your element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,
I have attached the secure note for you. Please let me know what you find.
Thank you

Hi @discomatt,

I have checked your website and this time I have seen the issue you described here. This is due to the Cache and once I cleared it from Pro > Status it shows the correct output in the frontend.

It has been found that you are still using the older version of Pro i.e. 3.2.3, I would suggest you update it to the latest version i.e. 5.1.4 to avoid any such issues in the future. I have also seen that the Cornerstone plugins are activated on your website, whereas it is not required while using the Pro.

Thanks

Hi @tristup!

Ah, brilliant. Never thought to check that, thank you!

Will update and disable cornerstone also, thank you!

Hello @discomatt,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.