Hidden Header Menu is appearing

Thank you @tristup

I’ve removed Cache and CDN without results, so Items 6 & 7 aren’t causing it. I don’t have any specific CSS/JS on my headers, so item 5 also shouldn’t be causing this issue.

On the other hand I’m not sure where I can find this attribute for the item Top NavBar (a Sticky NavBar). Would you please be more specific with the path to find it? The UI is super complete, so sometimes simple things aren’t easy to find.

I’ll keep looking forward from you so I can find the Hide Inittially attribute and further check. Thank you very much brother!

Hi @fabiofava,

Sorry for the confusion, the Hide Initially is only available for the Sticky bar. But as it acts like a sticky bar, I assumed that it might be sticky and have that attribute. If you have already performed the above tests, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hey @tristup,

It actually IS a sticky navbar, and it should be initially hidden. Just can’t find where is that setting, so if you can point it to me, I can then check before giving you that work…

Thank you very much, cheers!

Hello @fabiofava,

You can edit your custom header and click the Bar element. This is where you find the setting:

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 11.48.53 AM

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel and @tristup,

Here’s what I have on my Sticky NavBar:

I’ll prepare a staging version so you folks can scrutinize. Let you the Secure Note as I have it ready, thanks!

Hello @fabiofava,

Please let us know when it is ready.

Thanks

Hi @fabiofava,

I have checked and set the bar sticky and enable the Hide Initially. And now the bar is working as expected, can you please check once and let us know if you are still facing the same problem or not?

Thanks

Hey @tristup!

It’s working! How do I implement these changes to the Production Site, and to the other headers? Would you please explain me what I have to do? I’ll keep looking forward from you on that, brother.

Thank you so much!

Hi @fabiofava,

I have explained in my previous reply what I have done, and if it is correct, please replicate it on your live server and wherever it is required. I think, somehow the sticky option has been deselected, and that is what you need to reset.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hey @tristup,

What you’ve setup caused another glitch: the right-side icons (contact & login), when they come down, they take another space below the Logo (on the left). They’re supposed to be aligned with the logo on top…

Hi @fabiofava,

I have only enabled the sticky and hide initially options, nothing else. If you are having any other problem, please let provide a screenshot or video to recognize that.

Thanks

Hey @tristup,

I’m sorry to disagree, but it’s the very same issue. Everything was working perfectly before some Pro Theme update. Both the logo on the lef and the icons on the right should be part of the same NavBar and occupy the same level, this NavBar should be hidden at start and then appear as user scrolls the screen. It’s not solved, you’ve just added another issue.

I hope you can solve and make it work as it was before. At the production site, the contact and the login icons has disappeared after some Pro Theme Update. I don’t know what caused it and how to fix that problem that appeared.

Best regards,

Hi @fabiofava,

If it is working fine in the staging server, I would suggest you please share the credentials of the live server for further investigation.

Thanks

Hey @tristup,

It’s NOT working fine on the staging nor the live site. The contact and login icons should appear innitially, and as page scrolls they should disappear. This was the original behaviour but unfortunately it’s messed-up after some Pro Theme update.

I have the same template at https://voelivre.net/ but the sticky NavBar also isn’t innitially hidden (appears behind). And after the sticky navbar appears, it should disappear when user scrolls page back to top, as it has always been working since the site came online. But it’s not.

The Contact and Login icons must appear innitially, together with the center logo and menus. As user scrolls page down, all this should disappear and the other menu (sticky, with the logo at the left side of the screen) should appear and be sticky.

Then when user scrolls back to top, the sticky menu should disappear and the innitial menus (with logo at center and the contact and login icons on the right of the screen). The layout is better preserved at https://voelivre.net/ but none of the sites was changed.

I hope you folks can scrutinize and find what happened. I couldn’t find it in a month.

Hello @fabiofava,

When I checked your site I am seeing this JS error in the console:

properties of undefined (reading 'rivet')
    at x.js?ver=1683714292:1:1332
    at x.js?ver=1683714292:1:13602

I can see that you are using WP Rocket. Please clear all your caches and test the site again. We also recommend that you temporarily deactivate the cache plugin or any optimizing plugin while we are troubleshooting the issue.

We would love to check your custom header and see the element settings. Please provide us access to the site as well. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel,

You’re talking about voelivre.net wich isnt’the site we’re working on. I’ve disabled all caches from nohypeinvest temp site (already passed URL and access via secure note). Tristup has changed something but instead of fixing, it has created another issue instead.

I’ve re-created the staging with an exact copy of the Live site for nohypeinvest.net into nohype.staging.tempurl.host so please log onto the Secure Note data above and lets hope that you have more success than Tristup.

I’ve disabled all caches, CDN, lazyload and etecetera on this nohype.staging.tempurl.host so you can dig into and find out what’s really causing the top NavBars to be confused. Thank you so much for your help and support, folks!

I think the trigger selector on that header isn’t working. Removing seemed to fixed the issue, I’ll have to see why this is triggering early. There any sort of lazy loading plugins going on in this site? Hope this helps!

Hey @charlie

Unfortunately it’s absolutely the same.

Cheers.

I don’t think removing it reflects properly at first in the preview. Checkout the page now without the scroll trigger and let me know what you think and if you have any questions. The scroll trigger is going to go off right away as the element is on the page when page loads. Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.