Help with portfolio page-content disappeared

Hello, I updated my plugins and suddenly now I lost my portfolio page. It says that no suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overriding the content area or “The Content” is not being output by the current layout.

I don’t know what to do about it. Could someone help me?

Hello @yizuyama,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have set the page template as Layout - Portfolio, please note if you set the page template as Layout - Portfolio then it would convert your page into a Portfolio archive page and you can not edit the archive page from the page builder.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (38)

In case you are not able to see the Portfolio post on the Portfolio archive page, please let us know. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Yes, it is a portfolio page. I understand that I cannot edit with the page builder. However, would this cause problem in the viewing of the website? I asked other people to access and look at the page, and they cannot see the content anymore. They get the same error message as me.

I tested for Plugin conflicts (except the page builder) and have not had success. Also I checked the CSS/JS customization, disabled cache. What else could I do?

Finally, if I decide to create the page again from scratch using the page builder, is there a good video that I could watch to create slide shows? Also I was thinking I would need some instruction on how to replace pages and link to the home page (the content from the problem page has disappeared from the home page, too.)

Very sorry for so many questions but any help is greatly appreciate.

Hello Yumi,

To get your issue resolved, please refer to the #2 solution mentioned by @Alexander on this thread:

If this does not work, please provide access to your site so we can investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.