Header will not assign after changing page assignments

I’ve been testing headers on different pages and have been changing single page assignments. However, after removing my header and assigning it to another page, it is not applying. I have tested this using a staging site with ZERO plugins and ZERO css modifications, but it still is not assigning. I have also wiped my server side caching. After reviewing other topics, I made sure the page template was set to use a header. I also tried setting the priorities, but this also did not change anything. Using the staging site, I installed a fresh version of Pro with no additional plugins. Still did not assign.

The header is currently assigned to the resources page and my account page. I am truly clueless as to what I am doing wrong or missing.

Edit: Further details - The header appears on the backend when using the header editor. The header does NOT appear on the backend when editing content.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for writing in! Whatever you do, your header will always not display because you have added this code in Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.masthead.masthead-inline {
    display: none;
}

Please remove that CSS block to remove your issue.

I already tested this.

When i remove the css, the default wordpress/integrity header is overriding my custom header when I remove the display:none. Before the last update, the custom header still displayed with this css inputted. I tested this using a staging site + no plugins + no css and the header would still not assign. This is why I sent you the staging site info.

Edit: do I need to remove the css then make the assignment again?

Hello Kevin,

Removed the custom CSS block and then make sure that you have assigned the header or a global header. For more information about how you can assign a header, please check this out:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

EDIT: The custom header now does NOT even display on the backend when editing the header, but if I switch to content the default wordpress/integrity header displays on the backend content editor.

Ruenel,

I read this article before posting because I didnt want to waste your time if I was not assigning correctly. What you are suggesting has already been tested, but I did it again. The css block is now removed, the header is (again) assigned to the following pages for testing:

https://bullseyepistoltraining.com/resources/
https://bullseyepistoltraining.com/my-account/

Staging Site with ZERO plugins or caching:
https://bullseyepistoltraining.com/test/?page_id=154
https://bullseyepistoltraining.com/test/?page_id=1662

I have even assigned the header conditionally within the bar itself. The wordpress/integrity header is still overriding the assigned headers for these (and all other tested pages). I cleared WP rocket cache and the server cache - no change.

Can you please log onto my admin to see what is going wrong? My site is live so the masthead display:none is added to specific pages that are currently used by customers. All pages without this page specific css display the wordpress/integrity header.

When editing the header using the staging site, I get the following message:
Screenshot 2021-03-06 065032
I am using the current wordpress release and php 7.4

Hello Kevin,

I have logged in back and checked your custom header and the condition and assignments. I am seeing an incorrect condition. You have this:

The condition above will only work if the page is the Resources “AND” My Account page which is impossible to view. You should be using an OR logic like this:

And then sometimes, if there aren’t any preview yet, you must assign the page where you want to see the preview:

Hope this makes sense.

Ruenel,

That actually makes perfect sense. I didn’t realize I was assigning “AND” and not “OR” logic. Pro definitely has a learning curve associated with it so thank you for the help.

Regarding caching - would you suggest clearing WP rocket + server side cache immediately after any Pro update (and before any editing)?

Kevin

EDIT: Header works perfectly with the correct settings. Thanks!

Hey Kevin,

It’s a best practice in WordPress to clear caching before and after theme and plugin updates.

Glad it’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.