Header translation since 4.0.x update

Following on from: Translation of header pro with wpml does not work properly in 4.0.6
I’m still having issues.

I open the header builder, click the flag, the following pops up:

I click copy but get ‘uh oh failed to create header’ pop up.
The same if i click ‘start blank’.

If I go and create another header (or copy it in the list of headers) I can’t then see a way of assigning it to the translation.

Hi @RubberDuckers,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Pro 4.0.10 because it fixes various issues. If the issue still persists after upgrading to the latest version, then please give us the following information in a Secure Note so that we can investigate further about the issue.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

It is on 4.0.10. I’ve also noticed that the contact page doesn’t save when I make a change. The green bar at the top gets to about 97% full and then freezes. Not sure if its related.

Tried both issues on Chrome and Firefox.

Will send info in a secure note.

Thanks

Hi @RubberDuckers,

There might be some other reason behind it, even if you have already done a few steps, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue again to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN
7.Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site. If the current site is your staging site, please confirm once to start troubleshooting.

Thanks

Thanks @tristup
So I’d already done those - the only thing I didn’t deactivate was WPML as that obviously manages the translation.
When I did deactivate that, it let me save the pages so the issue seems to lay there.
Which is fine for the page edit, I did it when it was deactivated.

However, it doesn’t really solve the initial problem - though I suspect it’s linked - that the PRO header can’t duplicate for a translated version. I’m happy to raise it with WPML but wonder if @alexander or @followme can shed light on the original issue to say if 4.0.10 solved it?

For a bit more context I have:
WMPL Media 2.6.2
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.4.8
WPML String Translation 3.1.6
WPML Translation Management 2.10.4
They’re the recommended ones from WPML to work with PRO. The CMS one is the one that allows for pages to have a translated version and therefore I can’t deactivate it to do what is needed with making a translated header.
Everything else has been fine, global blocks, pages, posts (though posts don’t use PRO for the content they are in the new looper/layout builders and that works fine).

The site is already on staging: https://staging.constancecho.com/

Hey @RubberDuckers,

The Pro Header and Footer were just set to Not Translatable in WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation on your site.

I tested enabling the translation and now your header is translatable. I already copied the English header so you just need to edit.

Hope that helps.

Amazing, thank you! Totally didn’t even think to look there.

You’re welcome, @RubberDuckers. Glad it’s sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.