Translation of header pro with wpml does not work properly in 4.0.6

Hi there

I tried to copy an existing header and edit it, but this ended in a mess,

The translation of a header pro is not working properly in 4.0.6. I end up all the time in this screen and then one header id after another is produced.

Example in the image: I click on headers 1041 second language and let him copy from “Deutsch”. Then I edit it and save it.

Then I click on the german flag to change the original, german language.

This leads me again in this

screen although it has been already translated. When I am letting him copy existing english (even the existing english is the already translated version) it creates again a new header id, in this case the 1055.

In the menu the headers start to pile up with header id after header id.

So it looks like there is a bug in your header pro when working with wpml.

Thanks
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve confirmed this issue. It’s copying the header but it isn’t associating the new one as a translation of the original. We’re looking into this and will fix it in a point release.

@alexander thanks! Looking forward to it !

Hi @followme,

You’re welcome. We’re going to push the release out this evening. I can confirm this fix will be included.

Hey @alexander - would this also impact Global Blocks? I had a similar thing - it prompts the duplication but then get the ‘uh oh, failed to create a new global block’

Also, is there a way to assign headers/footers by language in the conditions? I can do it by the page/post specifics but not ideal for going forward.
Or would that not be needed if the above works and you toggle between languages in the builder?

@alexander thanks for letting me know

You are most welcome Andreas.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.