Header issue after new update

hi using slider revolution on the main page. after the newest update the header has gone wonky.

technically before it was situated below the slider revolution slider and used to smoothly stick when scrolling down below the slider. But now it is always on top (above the slider).

to try fix this i put a random number in the offset but its not smooth anymore there is slight jump. how can i make it stick exactly when it goes past below the slider

[Note for mobile phones its now perfect]

Can I see the site for reference? Is this content outside the header?

Thanks, I would say yes the content is not part of the header. Added as secure note

Yeah sorry this is a bug in the very latest. We had to rework the sticky bar code as it’s been buggy for a while. I did not write support for content outside of the header, but I will and I’m testing a fix right now. Your workaround looks nice though, and we’ll get the actual positioning function like it should for your example soon.

1 Like

6.1.7 has a fix for your issue with the header and revolution slider. Let me know if you still have this issue after upgrade and have a great day.

Hi i just saw this. It still has the issue that after scrolling down and back up it does not stop below the slider revolution. its sticks all the way to the top. It should kinda stop back where it started.

Hey @vividground,

A new release is up today. Please try updating your theme to the latest version and let see if it fix your issue. If you want to know more about the new updates, you may check this out.

Hope that helps.

what should my settings be such that it doesn’t go above the slider and stops there?

Hi @vividground,

I have just checked your website and found that it scrolling up properly as expected. I would suggest you check once after clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Hi its scrolling like that because of the work around i applied which causes weird jumps on other pages.

I have removed my work around and you can now see it does not stay below the slider but goes all the way to the top after scrolling down and up again.

Hi @vividground,

I have just checked your website and now the issue is visible. I will report this to our development team to check once again on this.

Thanks

1 Like

I think this could be a couple of things, but I’m able to recreate a certain issue where the rev slider resizes a slower rate then our new sticky code which messes with the positioning. I have a fix, but I also noticed if you wait for a good amount of time when your a sticky spot where it should change it eventually positions correctly, which makes me think the rev slider is blocking a thread or too many events firing. If possible could I get access to this site so I can make sure you’ll be all good with the fix? Being able to use that Rev slider would also help me test this and limit some of this back and forth. Thanks have a great day.

Sure here are the credentials

Great I have placed a workaround on your site. It was setting the transition to zero. Another issue came up like this and I’ll have a fix for this issue. Revslider is hijacking the transition causing a huge wait on it for it to position itself correctly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.