Having trouble getting image from custom post taxonomy in looper

Hey there,

I’m trying to customize the display of the Sermon Manager plugin to let me display all my sermons, series, and archives through Loopers in Cornerstone, but I’m having some issues finding the Sermon Series image.

If I’m reading the source code right, the sermon image is typically returned using the function get_sermon_image_url() and that loops through several images associated with the post and returns the most appropriate one.

I tried creating nested loopers, one provider looping through the “Sermon” post type and the inner provider looping through current post terms according to the “Sermon Series” taxonomy, and I can successfully return series titles, urls, etc., but I can’t seem to find the meta key for the series image. I’ve tried using image_id, based on the above linked source code, but that just returns nothing.

I know this is probably beyond the scope of Themeco help, but I’d really appreciate any tips you could give me on how to return this via loopers!

Hey @bobbybosler,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check on your setup properly? Please keep in mind that Sermon Manager is a 3rd party plugin and we can’t guarantee that it will work with the loopers but we will try to find a solution regarding on it. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hello @bobbybosler,

The {{dc:term:meta key="image_id"}} dynamic content is not displaying anything. Be advised that this plugin is not fully supported with dynamic content. Since this is a 3rd party plugin, please contact the creators of the plugin and ask them how you can get the image of the Sermon.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.