Hash Smooth Scroll - take fixed header height into account

Hey there, Just wondering if it’s possible to force the smooth scroll on hash navigation to take into account the height of a fixed header?

Happy to code my own solution if needed (although not ideal), but thought it was strange that there was no simple solution for this.

Thanks, Conor

Hi Conor,

Thanks for reaching out.

By default the hash navigation has already a smooth scroll effect. If you are expecting for another behavior then that will require some customization. Regretfully, customization is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hey @marc_a, Thanks for the response.

I’m fully aware that the effect already exists. What I’m wanting is to modify that behaviour to take into account the height of any fixed/sticky headers.

If there’s no solution already I’ll code it myself and post it here for the community to find. Just thought others in the community may have already requested this.

Hi Conor,

If you are using Pro, please try updating to the latest version of Pro as we have already fixed the header offset bug.

If that does not work for you, you can find some alternative solutions in the following threads.

Please remember that the code in the reference threads is sample code, and it varies from case to case, and we can’t guarantee it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.