Gutenberg columns and centered title not working

Hi I’m working on an article and when I try to align 2 images in the same row using the block “columns” or “align two images” it doesn’t work. I can see it right on the back page but not on the front page.
I tried to deactivate a few plugins related to the layout, clear the cookies and cache but to no avail. What should I try next?
Thanks

WordPress 5.6 running Pro – Child Theme theme.
Latest version of Pro Theme.

Hi @klelietta,

Thanks for reaching out.

I can’t see the issue you are facing on your homepage, can you please point it out? Providing screenshots is a big help to determine your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know.

Thank you.

Hi Marc, the article is still on private mode because I’m working on it, here is the back end (see how the images are aligned and the Title centered):

And this is what people would see when published:
(I had to reduce the size of the page to include both images and show you:

The title is not centered and the images are not aligned but one after the other.
Thanks for your help

Hello @klelietta,

I checked in my local development site it seems that it is working fine at my end. It might be cache issue or plugin conflict issue that is overriding the style.

Please make sure you have added 2 columns in the Gutenberg like this and then add image element of Gutenberg in both columns.

Edit-Post-‹-Barber-Site-—-WordPress

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact post URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, I’ve replied on a secure note a while ago.
Thanks!

Hi @klelietta,

As per the given screenshot, you are having the issue in keepcalmandtravel.com whereas the credentials are provided for some other site. Can you please check and provide the correct site credentials to examine the issue in the specific post where you are having this issue.

Thanks

Sorry my mistake, I have put the right credentials now

Hi @klelietta,

It seems the class assigned to Headline are not present, I went ahead and added the following code into your Theme options > CSS and it starts working.

.has-text-align-center 
{
        text-align: center;
}

Thanks

Thanks, but the image alignment (the most important thing) is still not working, the 2 images side by side, on the frontend are one on top of the other… (meaning that the colums are not working properly, that’s my main issue)

Hello @klelietta,

I checked your site dashboard. It seems that you are not using the Image element of Gutenberg, you are using the Gallery element of Gutenberg. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

I have also noticed that there are some JS console error and Mixed content errors because of that the Gutenberg column style is not rendering on the frontend.

I tested in my local test installation it is working fine and the Gutenberg styling in rendering because of that the image in the two-column displaying side by side.

Local test site screenshot.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.