Grid wont be a slider

I can’t get the grid to be a slider on my site.

I copied over the settings from a slider on another site that worked.

I’m using the most recent version of wp,php, pro, and the grid.

I do also have WooCommerce installed, as the grid is a grid of products.

In the previous site, where I was able to get the grid to be a slider, that was also a grid slider of products.

Hi @alex5252,

Thank you for writing in, please navigate to The Grid > Layout tab, and set the Grid Layout to Horizontal, this is how you make the The Grid act like an slider.

See more details here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

You appear to have missed the sentence where I said

“I copied over the settings from a slider on another site that worked.”

That setting that you showed was set on both sites, however on the site that I am requesting support for, http://138.128.175.130/~carpetlandusates, this does not make the grid a slider. It adds the <div class="tg-grid-slider">, however it fails to function as a slider.

Hey @alex5252,

That could be related to your setup, please check for the following first:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first before removing the custom code).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hello @alex5252,

I have checked your site and I can see that you are using a child theme with heavy modifications. Can you please switch to the parent theme first? You need to check if this is a theme related issue or not.

It seems that one of your modifications in the child theme created a conflict which affected other plugins as well.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I already tried that before contacting you.

It is not a conflict with a plugin or the child theme.

Hi Alex,

Can you please switch to the parent Pro theme while the other 3rd party plugin is deactivated. Leave theGrid plugin activated and test it the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I tried that before contacting you. It did not resolve the issue.

Hey @alex5252,

The Grid’s library must be loaded globally for your case. The slider now works.

Hope that helps.

Where is that setting? I cant find it anywhere on the grid builder page.

Ok. I found the relevant setting.

It seems the problem is that the builder element is its own shortcode, so the grid doesn’t see the_grid shortcode, therefore the scripts and styles don’t load.

I would think that there should be some way around that, so that you can use the builder element but in the content its saved as the_grid shortcode and not builder element shortcode.

Hi @alex5252,

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. You can use the direct shortcode of The grid element in the builder if you want. The way to do that is to use the Raw Content element and add the shortcode there.

But I am not sure what is the problem in the first place as the slider mode is active now. Would you please kindly give us more detailed information and if needed a screenshot?

Thank you.

I’m just saying that the builder element has unintended adverse affects on the functionality of the plugin, which it was specifically created to make it easier to add to the page. It just seems that the builder element is failing in its purpose. If a full time wordpress developer uses a builder element, then that developer has to go the theme’s support because it breaks something, then they exchange messages for five days trying to fix the problem, I am incapable of calling that easier.

Furthermore I see no reason that the builder element should have that deficiency, as the raw content works just fine. Basically why can’t the grid builder element just be a clone of the raw content element with a grid selector?

Also activating the load grid library globally feature is kind of brute forcing the problem. I get why the plugin developers added the feature, but it isn’t optimal. You wouldn’t suggest loading images, styles, or scripts that don’t appear on a page. But that is what this is doing. It slows down the site.

Using the raw content element OR activating load grid library globally will fix the problem, but its a problem that needn’t exist in the first place.

Hi @alex5252,

Thanks for the insight, I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.