Gray BG being applied where it should not be

This is a late response to this ticket: Gray BG where No BG is specified

(Please allow re-opening closed tickets. It leaves less clutter and keeps relevant topics relevant)

So your response indicated that the reason the “xxxxx Rhode Island” verbiage has a gray bg on Firefox and Edge is because I have the section image set as the upper layer and the gray overlay set as the lower layer. Common sense alone deems this impossible as it wouldn’t overlay if it were the lower layer. Additionally there are background layers on top of the section that would override it.

But I’ve double checked and no, the image is properly set as the LOWER layer and the gray bg set as the upper. And this isn’t relevant anyway, since removing the gray bg layer does not fix the issue - the text still has the gray bg.

I spent 20 minutes combing through every element in the entire section and none have a matching gray background set. FWIW, I removed every single background color from all elements in this section and the issue persists. Seems like a bug…

Hi @co50,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WP login URL
  • WP username
  • WP password
  • WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works.

Thanks!

Ok I’ve done that.

Hey Greg,

We’re sorry for the confusion and thank you for pointing out the issue in the previous screenshots.

The problem is there is something on your site only. The fix in your site is you need to set the Heade Accordion to Transparent then set the Header Border to 1px and set the Color to Transparent. I tested this in your first accordion and it works (see screenshots in secure note). Please do the same for the other accordion.

For a permanent fix on your site though, you will need to find what is causing the issue by performing the following steps.

1. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  2. Css/Js Customization

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.