Google analytics install

Hello

I just signed up google analytics. I have the code and need to put it into the head of each page i want to track. How do I do that in wordpress with this theme?

thanks!

Hey Chris,

Our theme does not have an interface to add custom code to the header. For Google Analytics, we recommend that you use our Google Analytics extension instead. For more details, please visit https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-google-analytics/84

If you need more features, you’ll need to use third-party Google Analytics plugin like this. Or if you want to insert code to the header, you’ll need to use code injection plugins like this.

Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks

I installed the extension. In the article, it shows you to paste the tracking code into the analytics code box. However, that box is no longer there. I pasted the tracking ID from google, into the google analytics id box in the theme extension. Hoping that will work?

Below the google analytics box is a meta tag box. I have left this blank.

Also, it seemed to have brooken two of my pages. Two pages have essential grids. These pages wont load.

Not sure what I did wrong.

thanks

Hi Chris,

Yes, you only need to add the tracking ID and leave the other input box empty. I checked the code of your site and the code is properly applied.

<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-142174884-1"></script>
<script>
	window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
	function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
	gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-142174884-1');
</script>

And about the grid, it’s a different issue. I recommend re-editing your page and add them again. The shortcode is converted to this [ess_grid alias=&#8221;stills&#8221; which is why it’s not working. I’m not sure what happened but the only solution is correcting the shortcode or re-add it to your page.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.