Google Analytics event tracking not recognizing IDs

Hello, I set up anchor tracking using Monster Insights a website using Pro, but it doesn’t seem to be recognizing the div IDs set by the Pro theme, and thus does not display the data I’m looking for in Google Analytics. I tried to get around it by setting a scroll depth trigger in Google Tag Manager, but that doesn’t seem to be firing correctly, either.

Is there anything special about the theme to get one-page websites to track properly in Google Analytics?

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for writing in! While testing your Google Analytics, kindly temporarily disable you caching plugin or any optimizing plugins such as the Autoptimize, WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache. Google Analytics may have been detecting the cache version of the site which maybe why those IDs were not detected. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you! Secure note below – caching is disabled when logged in as an administrator.

The site is also running excruciatingly slow sometimes. I suspect it’s the server but I can’t find proof. Any ideas?

Hello @sarahwefald,

When I checked your website you’ve added 3 Google Analytics code and 2 Google Tag Manager. Please delete some of your Google Analytics code and Google Tag Manager so that it won’t conflict on how to render the data you want.

You can check our docs on how you can improve the performance of your website. I hope it will help to solve your issue.

Thank you.

Thanks @Cramaton – I’m looking into the multiple GA and GTM tags, as I only installed one of each. Will let you know what happens once I’m able to reduce those down.

@sarahwefald,

We will just wait for your response.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.