Google Analytics not tracking properly

Hi there, I came back a little too late to reply to the original thread, but it’s here: Google Analytics event tracking not recognizing IDs

I have been searching for the extraneous UA and GTM codes and cannot find them. When I look at the HTML, the only UA- code I see is the correct one. I cannot find any reference to the others anywhere. Is it possible they are codes from plugins the site is using? If so, can I safely ignore them and try to troubleshoot why my GA events are not being recorded as intended?

Hey Sarah,

There is nothing special in our theme when it comes to tracking because our theme just outputs plain HTML and that’s what GTM and other trackers read. The common issue instead is the tracking setup and that, regretfully, we cannot provide help for as that’s beyond the functionality of our theme.

I’ve explained this once though so please read through the threads below in order.

Hope that helps.

I found at least one of the extraneous Google Analytics tags within WooCommerce code. So it does look like the extra codes may be from plugins.

I appreciate the threads, but I’m not trying to register button clicks - I am trying to get GA to read my one-page website as you scroll down the page. The anchor IDs are not being read, which is the HTML of the page.

Hi Sarah,

There is no issue (or something special) about the theme adding an ID to the section or row, the issue could how you implemented the tracking code or how you set it up. Or there could be a feature, plugin, or 3rd party widget that is conflicting it.

Have you tried testing it as a not login user on your site? Maybe the way your Google Analytics plugin is setup does not count a login user.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.