Getting started... help!

Hey guys,

I am just starting on this venture. I have uploaded X but have no add ons, and no idea where to start. Would someone mind giving me some pointers?

Cheers,
Monique

1 Like

Hi MPverified,

You will need to verify the X Theme license to validate the theme and then you will be able to access the themes plugins.

I would also advise downloading the X Child Theme and working from that if you wish to make changes without effecting the core theme.

Kindest regards,

Samuel Rose.

How exciting for you!

I do remember being quite confused when I started with X.

Go here and get the child theme.
https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Install both - I am pretending you don’t know… child themes do not work without the parent theme present.

Then activate the license within WordPress.

Then you will be able to check out, download and activate all of the important plugins in the x section on the lhs menu bar in the dashboard area of wp.

Use these forums, use the support forums, maybe… join the FB group (but it get a bit silly sometimes).

Felix

Hi Felix,

Same confusing for me. Still searching for a good start.

I installed X, made some changes and just installed the Child theme. Is it a problem that I made some changes on the parent theme?

Marco

Hello Monique,

Same confusing for me. Maybe this can help you: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-introduction/118

Hi Marco,

Yes this will be an issue.

When you go to update the main theme in this case X you will need to remove the theme and then install the up to date version. When you install the updated theme it will be from fresh so as if you have not made any changes to core theme files.

This is why a child theme is always suggested to be used so that if you require changes to theme files you can do so without change core theme files.

Kindest regards,

Samuel Rose.

Ah I assumed they had knowledge.

Thank you for clarifying and documenting this for the user.

Kindest regards,

Samuel Rose.

Hi Samuel, thx
ok, What is the best thing to do for me. Re-install the parent theme? And start over again. I didn’t change that much so it is not a big problem to start over again.

Marco

Thank you. I got it nailed now :slight_smile:

@Felixius I DID IT!!! WOOHOO. thanks so much

1 Like

@flaming what about the child theme? When I update will it cause issues?

Cheers,
Monique

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.