Full width image - have followed instructions!

Hi,
I cannot get my image to go full screen. I added a new section, selected layout with one column, gone to the row of new element and disabled global container. Even if the image looks fullwidth in editor in real life it is not. Also,
I have to adjust the top margin into negative numbers in order to remove the gap between my new section and the menu above.
This is my website I am working on: https://www.sheareaseltd.com/new-branding/
This is what I am trying to achieve: https://stephaniesgroomingparlour.co.uk/
Your help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Ash

Hello Ash,

Thanks for writing in!

Do you want something like this?

Please keep in mind that the background image will try to cover the entire height of the section. The height of the section is dependent to the height of the row which is also dependent on the total height of the elements inside the colors.

In your case, you will have to increase the padding in your row settings. Please change the 1 pixel padding to at least 10% padding so that the height will increase and the image behind will also display a more fullwidth image.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi there,
I’m not too sure I understand your suggestions.
Either way, I accidentally stumbled across my (or maybe just ‘A’) problem, which hadn’t been mentioned in previous forum posts.
The slider in the attached picture, when dragged all the way to the right - only goes to 1500px but you can type anything in the box to the right of the slider. I types 2000px and voila - job done.
Thanks,
Ash

Hello Ash,

It’s good to know that your issue has been resolve.

We just want to let you know what the " Site Max Width" does in Layout and Design option. You can use this option to determine the maximum width of the content area. The content may get smaller if you have a smaller device, but whatever you set here is the maximum threshold of the website width. This option is output in pixels. If you use the slider to set the maximum width you can not go beyond 1500px , which is recommended.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.