Formatting the layout of a blog post

Hello,

I have created a blog for one site using the Pro Theme with little issue. However, I am setting up a blog on another site with Pro now using the Essential Grid extension. The Essential Grid function works well, but when you open the actual post, the images and text span the width of the page.

How should I be creating posts and formatting them so this does not happen? We will potentially have multiple users posting to the blog, so I want the formatting to be standard.

Thank you for your time,
Josh

Hey Josh,

Thanks for writing in!

You are having this issue because you have added this custom css:

.x-container.max.width.offset {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    margin: 0;
}

Please remove this custom css because it affected all of your pages. If you only wanted to have a fullwidth page content in the " Essential Grid function works well" page, then the css is not needed. Simply edit the page and change the page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Best Regards.

I appreciate the reply! I can see with the Inspector in Google Chrome what you mean about the CSS causing the issue. However, I cannot find on the website where it has been added. Is it possible this is a theme default? Can you help me locate where the CSS is so I can remove it?

Update (4/3/2020 @ 2:30pm EST): I was able to overwrite the code issue above with the following since I could not find that CSS anywhere:

blog .x-container.max.width.offset,
.single-post .x-container.max.width.offset {
max-width: 1200px;
width: 88%;
margin: 2.75em auto;
}

Hello Josh,

This css code were added manually for sure:

.x-container.max.width.offset {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    margin: 0;
}

You can check it in X > Theme Options > Custom CSS.
_ custom-css

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.